OMG he ATE himself!! help! help!! HELP!!-pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you've been through it once, you no longer have that panic feeling but more like a gut wrenching feeling.
I'm glad he's doing so much better.

When I was little my mom worked at a Vet clinic and I was allowed to poke around a lot. A customer allowed me to be in the room while their cat had an abscess on it's head lanced.. it was simply the most foul thing ever and actually squirted a few feet initially. :sick2:

twitch, don't feel foolish for panicking. That hole looked very frightening. It takes experience to find out what to be calm about. I have little experience with abscesses, so they still scare me, but I became quite blasée about bitten toes and tails after some gut-wrenching all-nighters ... and frantic posts.... with bleeding ratties!

just thought everyone would like to know that xhop suey has completely healed and will be joining his friends in the main cage today after a play time to make sure everyone still remembers him. one week... one week was all it took for that HUGe hole to be completely healed. i knew they healed fast, but geese! i think he will be happy to be back with his tasche though. :thumbup: thanks again for all the help and encouragement

May I suggest next time not removing him from his buddies. The stress of losing his buddies could slow the healing process. When I ask my vet if a rat should be removed from the buddies when something like this happens, she always says never add stress to their life. :thumbup:
I know with some of my rats, one day separation and I'm back to having to do full intros. :panic:
Good luck Chop Suey!!

Back