Olivia and Michael 1st Day of School and Cruefest

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa

I just had to share these because Olivia gave Michael a Mohawk a couple of weeks ago, and gelled it up for his first day of school, and I think that Olivia is just gorgeous! She is a total headbanger, bless her heart, I should really post the pictures I took of her the night we went to Cruefest. Olivia had made the honour roll both years of highschool. This year she wanted to take co-op, something in the music industry, and ended up being the only student placed out of all of those who applied for that field. One other student was accepted, but he had his own placement. She will be working at a recording studio downtown this year. I am so proud of her, she makes me want to burst, she is such a good girl.
Here they are...
Michael is in Senior Kindergarten
michael.jpg

Olivia is in Grade 11
olivia.jpg

Both of them together (Michael always squeezes his eyes shut)
oliviamichael.jpg

Here is Olivia at Cruefest...
P8282006.jpg

P8282007.jpg

Olivia and Carly were at the very front row on the floors (Siobhan and I were in row 201 which was very close as well)...
P8282010.jpg

Are they siblings? What an age difference with the two. They both are looking great. There's so much pride with your child is growing up, maturing and reaching their full potential. Gorgeous kids!

jorats said:
Are they siblings? What an age difference with the two. They both are looking great. There's so much pride with your child is growing up, maturing and reaching their full potential. Gorgeous kids!

Yes, they are siblings and there is eleven years difference between them, which actually works out extremely well. Olivia has always been old enough to help out with Michael, even when he was very young. She has always been like a third parent, keeping him entertained and helping him out.
Olivia has always been such a good girl, and she has got so much confidence and good self esteem. I have no clue where that comes from, because all of us were wallflowers. Her interview for co-op was awesome, and she has always had extremely good relationships with adults. Her boss at Licks adores her, she has been employee of the month several times, and when he heard about the co-op he told her that he would work around any schedule in order to keep her.
This is going to be a tough year for her, with schoolwork, horseback riding, drum lessons, work, and co-op. And she just passed her G1 for driving and will be taking Young Drivers courses as well. I think it will be a challenge for all of us.

Your daughter and my sister could pass for twins, both in looks and style! She sounds like an amazing young woman, accomplishing all of that.

And I love Micheal's mohawk... How cute! Er, sorry, what would be more appropriate... Rad! LOL He has such a sweet face.

Vanessa said:
Olivia has always been such a good girl, and she has got so much confidence and good self esteem. I have no clue where that comes from,

If you guys treat her like how you talk about her here, there's the reason why she's so confident. That's how every child should feel.

My son is also doing coop. He did it in grade 11 and is now doing coop again in grade 12, he will be getting his level 1 mechanic's certificate.
It's really wonderful when everything is falling into place for your kids or niece and nephew. ;)

Back