Oliver home from SNIP SNIP / Vet tech home from ER

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Oh my destructo seven..... Sweet sweet Oliver has a demon side... :redhot: I'm not going to say the bf was completely blameless since he should of seen it coming. I was watching Finn to see what he was doing and what he was eating, but since all ratties are in the same room I knew he was playing with "the trio", then a bit with "the boys", and then he went to "the destructo seven". Well, right away I could hear him reprimanding Oliver for being fluffed and I heard commotion so I believe he was being a trouble maker in the cage. Of course, I told him to leave them alone. Next thing I know I hear a scream (from the bf) along with some words I won't repeat and turn around in time to see a tail go under the cage and the bf head for the bathroom. :rant: :rant: I did just say leave them alone - didn't I? :stickpoke: So bf's version is he was playing with Grumpy and Oliver lounged and latched onto his hand (fatty part of thumb) while his hand was outside of the cage!? Unfortunately Oliver plummeted to the ground from the top of the DCN - I have looked him over and all limbs appear undamaged, but he is pancaking and breathing rather heavy. His cagemates keep laying on him so I cannot get a great look at him, but I would be breathing heavy and in a bit of shock too if I just fell that distance too. I will go check on him again in a few minutes, but hopefully he will be alright he landed on his feet. I wonder what made him decide to attack like that.

How old is Oliver and is he neutered?
How is he this morning? Sometimes falling a great distance can cause some internal damage but more often they are quite fine.

Your poor hubby, that bite on that spot is going to hurt for some time.

He is around 9 months and intact. Funny though, he has been hanging around Throttle lately :laugh4: he's like his new best buddy. I'm telling you Throttle is the gang leader in that cage and is now recruiting. He is fine this am, but this afternoon when we had him out on the couch, he nipped at the bf's arm - this time the bf wasn't even paying attention to him. He's been fine for me. I see another snip snip in my future.....

Oh crap. He's at that age for his hormones to go all out of whack. If you can afford a neuter, I'd get him done...for BF's safety. lol

jorats said:
Oh crap. He's at that age for his hormones to go all out of whack. If you can afford a neuter, I'd get him done...for BF's safety. lol

His snip snip has been scheduled for the 19th, but he really doesn't have any balls. I know I mentioned it before, but this guy has the littlest torpedos... Little Sebastian's are twice Oliver's size :lol2:

This little guy is making Throttle look like an angel... Had them out tonight for playtime and right way this boy becomes a giant fluff ball and starts running around on his toes. He pees on everything - including me - attacks Popper. Into time out cages he goes AGAIN! 10 minutes later we let him out and he goes back at it. Then he ran up the BF's leg and attempted to take a chunk, only he saw it coming and was able to swat him off with just the beginning of a puncture wound above his knee. Back into the time out cage he goes. Then after he puts him back into the DCN he is still trying to get him - fingers, hands, whatever.....even through the bars. This sweet little guy has turned into a :redhot: its like he is possessed!! Thursday and his snip snip cannot come fast enough.......

Poor little guy. His hormones are out of control and he's having a hard time dealing. When I get one like that, I don't get mad or frustrated, in fact, I feel bad for them because it's not who they are but they are driven to become that way. Poor thing.

Tomorrow Oliver loses the gonads!! I must say this boy has been worse than Throttle and in such a small span of time. His terror behavior came out of no where and is 24/7 as the BF would say, but he has yet to go after me. However, the BF is literally afraid of him so the gonads have to go or Oliver might. Its snip snip time again in our house..... :wink:

I will start by saying - I warned them, many times I warned them... He's not as nice as he looks, he bites, he attacks out of no where.. I warned them.... he has turned evil :redhot: ... did I mention I warned them!!! He sent the vet tech to the er for stitches .... when he flew from one side of the cage to the other to attack her fleshy part of her thumb .... I forgot to mention he flies, but I warned them he bites out of no where.... Other than that it was uneventful and he did well, but we had to give him his metacam when we got home since no one was going near him again as long as he was conscious.... I warned them!!

Oh my goodness! that must have been some bite. lots of healing vibes for oliver and the tech. I hope the neuter dampens his bloodlust.

I had a bitey boy who bit a tech. he sent her a get well card apologizing for his behavior.

temblabamomo said:
Oh my goodness! that must have been some bite. lots of healing vibes for oliver and the tech. I hope the neuter dampens his bloodlust.

I had a bitey boy who bit a tech. he sent her a get well card apologizing for his behavior.

I thought of that or perhaps a cookie delivery and maybe she can sent him a steak :laugh4:

jorats said:
Wowza... that boy wasn't going in without a fight.

Maybe I should of had his gonads put in a jar for him to look at. Apparently he was fine they examined him, put him back in cage, and then went to take him out again - I was told he struck like a cobra. Yea, I warned them. You can tell by looking at him - its like he becomes possessed... his eyes become hazy and he just gets a blank stare and Damon takes over :redhot:

I cannot believe he turned that evil. So late too. Usually the mean boys get it earlier he was just a late bloomer I guess LOL I hope she is ok but I bet she has a fun story to tell.

Little snot lounged for me today after I gave him his metacam. Wasn't a whole hearted attempted, but more of a warning I believe since I have no doubt that sweet :redhot: could of got me, but I was also on high alert since I knew he wasn't happy. I had even giving him a banana - oh wait, he prefers raw meat....

Back