Olive Smells SO Bad!!..AGAIN....A little stinky and weepy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

Olive my nakie girl smells like unwashed lady parts. :shock:
Does anyone else have this same issue with there naked ratties?
What should I do? I bathed her but that didn't help for long.
She is healthy and her normal zippy zappy self.
Any idea's welcome.
The smell is so strong it gets on my clothes and I have to change. :sick2:

Has she always smelled this way? If it just started, I'd be a tad concerned there was something medically wrong with her. I know the more you bathe a boy rat, the more they smell. Maybe being bathed just sends her girl hormones into overdrive and she gets smelly again very quickly...?

If this is new I'd be worried about a possible infection. Never heard it described that way lol, but animals with infections smell absolutely horrible.

Girlies don't usually have this issue. Is she grooming herself as much as she used to? Is it certain parts of her body or all over (her skin)? Have you changed her diet at all? Does she seem at all unwell?

Kinda smells bad all over but it is a bit stinkier near her face.
Same food, hyper and eating.
She groom's her sisters and Kenny but maybe she's run out of spit to clean herself?
She's one smelly girlie.

Dopey who is hairless and dumbo, had an ear infection, it smelled horrible by his ear. which is how i found it. I would go with what the others have said check the teeth and the ears.

i notice in males they can feel a bit greasy but the only thing on them that generally stinks is those nasty pimple things they get, but that would be noticeable.

My Jenny has "pus" smell coming from her ears. We've been treating it with Baytril and polysporin ear drops. It's been well over a month still no change but it's not getting worse at least.
Try and pin point where the smell is coming from.

Olive is giving me MAJOR stink eye!! :roll:
She thinks I am quite rude looking and sniffing at her bits and bobs. :lol:
I think I will bath her.
Maybe it will be easier locating the source of her ummm... smellage.

Well Miss Olive went to the vets today.
Her eye has blood in the eye it's self.
The Doc thinks that with Baytril, medicated eye gel and eye lube should do the trick.
I thought maybe her eye would have to be removed.
After paying $114 I hope it works.
My Niece who works for him says he always gives ratties Baytril and it may not fix Olives eye.

Sharlees rattakisses said:
Well Miss Olive went to the vets today.
Her eye has blood in the eye it's self.
The Doc thinks that with Baytril, medicated eye gel and eye lube should do the trick.
I thought maybe her eye would have to be removed.
After paying $114 I hope it works.
My Niece who works for him says he always gives ratties Baytril and it may not fix Olives eye.

If she's bleeding into her ocular bulb, that means there is a reason, but sometimes these things can resolve on their own. If you still smell infection though, the baytril may or not take care of it, depending on what "it" is.

The blood could slowly resolve from the eyeball
The blood could resolve but the eye will also shrink and die with no issues with infection (the danger in this case)
The eye could swell up and protrude, then it will need to be removed.

Just keep the eyeball moist, drying out is the worst thing that could happen. Also watch for swelling.

Oh dear, poor girl! I hope the meds will be enough to help the issue resolve on its own. Definitely keep the eye moist, and watch for signs of irritation. Lots of healing vibes coming her way.

I hope Olive heals FAST!!
She is being quite b :heart: tchy and makes it known how she dislikes meds of any kind.
:roll: give me strength or tonnes of chocolate!! :lol:

Poor dear. If only we could make them understand that icky meds are for their own good. :hugs:

temblabamomo said:
I hope Olive heals FAST!!
She is being quite b :heart: tchy and makes it known how she dislikes meds of any kind.
:roll: give me strength or tonnes of chocolate!! :lol:

Poor dear. If only we could make them understand that icky meds are for their own good. :hugs:

I'll loan you Zeus to make you feel better about your medicating skills. LOLOL

Olive would fall madly in love with Zeus then have her girlish dreams crushed when he left.
She is still waiting for her prince to show up. :giggle:
Thanks for the offer though.

Back