Old Man Doc

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeschodron11

Voice of the Voiceless
Today, I lost my sweet boy, Doc. He was rescued from the humane society here, not knowing what age he was. He was a sweet, loveable boy with a spirit and drive to live out his old age.

He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure about 1-1/2 years ago and he kept on plugging along, day after day on his Furosemide without missing a beat.

Then he had an abscess in his neck that burst and he had to have stapled.

Then his legs started to go.

Then he developed sores on his feet.

Then he had a stubborn ear infection...just when I thought it was getting better, he took a turn for the worse and a large lump under his ear filled with fluid and bacteria made his eye bulge.

Enough was enough for this poor, sweet boy. Today, I let him rest peacefully with no more suffering.

I miss him so much.

</3

Doc.jpg

I'm so sorry about your baby.
You made the best choices for his whole life, first saving him by adopting, and then multiple times by giving him all the vet care he needed, and finally by helping him pass painlessly and peacefully. He was a fighter, and I bet a great rat. Rest well little Doc. :(

It sounds like he was the luckiest boy when you took him into your home. I'm sure he knew how much you loved him as you took care of him through all his problems. I'm sorry it was his time to make the journey to the Bridge. He will always be a part of you. :hugs:

Back