Ok, this food thing is driving me crazy!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicky82

As the title says, the food thing is driving me crazy. I can't get in on the Harlan Teklad run because Barrie is too far of a drive for me right now so I was weighing my options :roll: The food I have right now is a bag that I got at Ren's in Oakville awhile back but I'm not sure what it is, it was in a 5lb bag when I got it. Any one know? :?:
So I was reading through about Oxbow and although I'm not sure what kind is the right one but I saw the Regal Rat which is distributed by Global Pet Foods and there is one here in North Bay and one in South River. I'm not sure if they carry it but if it was worth getting I might ask if they could get it in. :)
Thoughts?

Oxbow is one of the best, from what I hear. The only problem is that a lot of rats don't seem to be very interested in it, or stop liking it. I keep it in my guys' cage all the time, so if they run out of their other food during the day, they have the option of eating that as well. It's usually just spilled and tossed about the cage :lol:

That really sucks about not being able to get on the HT run. Why aren't you able to? Normally I wouldn't be able to either, but since Mumsyrat is being so kind in shipping it out at an awesome price, I'm taking the opportunity!

I feed my gang HT and Oxbow. If there comes a time when I won't have access to HT, my gang will be strictly on Oxbow. It's true that it's not highly palatable but all my rats eat it when hungry.

I had horrible experience while feeding Oxbow Regal Rat and will never feed it again. I would recommend feeding Purina blocks over it anyday. Just because the ingredients look good doesn't make it a good food.

And I still highly recommend Oxbow's rabbit and guinea pig products, but never again their rat food.

Chicky, if you bought it at Ren's you have Mazuri.

If I hear of anyone driving your way I'll see to it that I send you up a bucket of Harlan. Or I can send you 10 lbs. by Canada Post for $16.00.

Jo, I might be able to go to Sudbury (I want to pick up some more petsmart things that I can't get here) but it would depend on when you are going down and will be back because we are going back to Cochrane on December 26 and won't be back until on in January :(
Mumsy, is that $16.00 in total or plus? because that would be handy too :) how do you pay for something like that? do you have Paypal? because I might be able to convince the bf to use his and I'll just pay him back :lol:

Chicky, it wouldn't before January possibly mid. I can only travel on weekends and if it's a nice weekend at that. I'm quite a chicken driving in the winter.

Back