OK my Rat Forum Family...One More Time...Update :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little diva managed to give me quite the nip yesterday morn when I met them briefly, but I won't hold it against her. I hope they all settle in well and Artemis is able to get the care she needs in her final days.

Poor girlies... :sad3: Artemis really is heartbreaking... poor baby... please cover her in kisses for me...

I have to say... I just fell in love with Apolla. Gosh, these girls really deserve you. And I pledge that if it turns out I still have a job after the big storm hits this week, I will donate to the Shelagh rescue, and with great big pleasure! :hugs:

*nomnomnomnomnomnomnom*

oct28Artemisetaing.jpg

Oh Artemis...look at those darling, sweet eyes..

Shelagh I am in love. Please respond to the bromo Artemis.. :sad4:

These girls deserve what they now have, a loving parent. :heart:

The older trio came out tonight as well.

Mariah is a bit worried I am going to medicate her so didn't stick around. :lol: I caught her as I put her back in her hammock. *Whew* no meds this time.

oct30Mariah.jpg

Apolla is a bit anti-social but I think if we go slow she should be okay as well. She also was happy to be back in the cage

oct30Apolla.jpg

Now little Artemis started off with an Emeraid snack syringed into her...she had about 7-8 cc's and then casually refused more.

I put her on the bed to judge her progress..if any. :undecided:

Well there is no miracle, but there are definite improvements to see if you know what to look for :D

Egge behaviour is back, woohoo!! This means she recognizes that this is an edge and will stop, whereas before she just would walk off.

oct30Artemis6.jpg

She was grooming herself, and didn't fall over. I had my hand there just in case she wanted to lean but she was mostly a free-standing structure. :giggle: :giggle:

oct30Artemis2.jpg

Hanging out with her sister for a minute

oct30ArtemisandApolla.jpg

then off again :D

oct30Artemis3.jpg

Compare the pic above to Shade's responding to bromocriptine pic. :thumbup:

apr29Shade2.jpg

oct30Artemis5.jpg

Stop? Pose? If I must :D

oct30Artemis4.jpg

Bright eyed , fur smoothing down...there's more "Artemis" there than the other day :joy:

oct30Artemis.jpg

More improvement tonight...with the PT symptoms, but her URI is really bad. I am thinking of adding in zithromax as well to her combo. Her cagemate Mariah who Campus Estates said was the truly sick one, barely has a noise in her lungs now, and this is ony alfter a few days on abs.

Tonight I was watching her move around, still a little old lady but she IS a little old lady. She was turning with agility and balance...

oct31Artemis.jpg

oct31Artemis2.jpg

Then I saw her start to chew on my toilet paper (I have a cold and am using tons for my dang nose) and saw how she was gripping the paper

oct31Artemis3.jpg

So I offered her a puff...

oct31Artemis5.jpg

oct31Artemis4.jpg

She's able to grasp better with one paw than the other, but its only technically day 3 of her bromo treatment, and this took weeks for Issa and Shade to get back to full function, so this is fantastic!!!

If you didn't know better, you would think this was a normal threadbare old lady. :D
oct31Artemis6.jpg

I am so glad I thought for sure I would like another one and not see her happy at all. She needs more puffs. a lot more. :)

Unepuce said:
Poor girlies... :sad3: Artemis really is heartbreaking... poor baby... please cover her in kisses for me...

I have to say... I just fell in love with Apolla. Gosh, these girls really deserve you. And I pledge that if it turns out I still have a job after the big storm hits this week, I will donate to the Shelagh rescue, and with great big pleasure! :hugs:

Since I still have a job (at least for now), I am living up to my promise. I'll be sending you a little something to help for current or future needs. :hugs:

I left Apolla happily in the hammock, and took in a Mariah and Artemis :) From observing these London Ladies for a week now, with how each of them moves and acts, I am putting Mariah at 33 months, and the sisters at about 30 months of age.

Mariah is starting to seek me out, which is great, this little old lady has NO URI sounds at all now and loves her baytril LOL She is just a happy girl and has been pleading with her eyes to "let me Out??"

nov4Mariah.jpg

She looks happy here doesn't she?

nov4ArtemisandMariah.jpg

Artemis gets really excited when I pat her and runs around pretty fast even for an old lady. She looks pretty proud of herself here :giggle:

nov4Artemis.jpg

nov4Artemis2.jpg

Those pictures are awesome so different from the first video of her just sitting there in the corner. Sweet girl.

Back