Oh dear, he's not just a happy tubby boy. (update)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that, from what your vet is saying and what your ratty's temperament is like, that you would be better not to do anything else (except try the Pred, because there is nothing to lose). He would be very scared, and uncomfortable at best, and he probably would not benefit.

Lots of your love and TLC will make the rest of his life as good as it can be.

There's always exploratory surgery... but that can be expensive for something that turns out inoperable.
My best rat Ness developed a tumour in her abdomen, I opted not to put her through surgery, she didn't last long, I could see she was in much pain. The postmortem showed a tumour wrapped around her omentum, her pancreas... it was a mess.
My Rylee went in for exploratory surgery a little over a month ago, my vet removed a portion of his osteosarcoma, buying him a bit more time but it's back and with a vengeance. There's no point in removing it anymore but I did buy him some more time.

Follow your gut, It's always the right thing to do.

I am very sorry. Remember to trust yourself and your instinct.....It is such a hard thing to deal with.....because we love them so much :hugs:

Back