Odin (7/2/14-12/18/15)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riot!

It's been a long time since I posted on here...
Not sure if anyone will even remember but Odin was my little feeder rescue from a MC positive litter
I knew there was a good chance that I'd be taking him to be put down the day after I got him but I thought he deserved a better end than slowly dying in a feeder bin
Well he made it through the first few nights now sign of MC but a nasty URI and really underweight
I took him to the vet because of his state the vet didn't think he'd make it to 6 weeks (he was 4 weeks when I got him) I didn't think he'd make it 6 more days
The URI cleared up with meds, he gained weight, he quickly became a healthy (other than returning URIs and a sensitive stomach) happy spoiled rat
For a rat that started out being called sh!thead because I wasn't too fond of him he quickly became my world
He slept in my bed every night until he got a friend
Eventually him and his buddy moved in with my big boys
He stopped sleeping in my bed but he was still never far from me
In September I had to move half way across the country I worried about Odin with his returning URIs and bad stomach he wouldn't make the trip
He did great (all of them did)
Sadly right before Christmas I got up to feed the boys when I found him laying there lifeless...
Still not sure why he passed but I'm thankful for every day I got with him
For a rat that wasn't expected to make it past 6 weeks almost a year and a half was a good long life

2j32xj4.jpg

2rm89ad.jpg

28bcm6g.jpg

2s6u07l.jpg

I remember this beautiful little boy - Im so sorry for your loss :rose: He was so lucky to have such a lovely life with people that loved him very much

Play hard at the bridge sweet boy

I definitely remember him. I am so sorry for your loss. Rest well sweet Odin. My Odin is there too. My Yoshi just joined them.

Back