odd use of potty??!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_silve:)

so we've all heard of rats who dig in their litter boxes right? well my little man Dexter is....different. he is the only one of my ratscles that ive seen use the box, i thought he was getting the point but i guess not...
Today im playing hand chase with fivel and suddenly i see dex go to his box, i was so excited to see him use it but then he grabs the back board of it and starts shaking it like mad with an expression of pure joy then starts hopping up and down on it his bro casper joins in and it was like they where playing "astronaut" like young children do!! it was adorable but now i see why every day their litter is on the ground along with their poop :lol: has anyone ever seen their rats do this? i swear it was like they where playing some sort of game!

lol nope never seen that...although 1 of mine love to sleep in it (which is kind of gross) lol
And the other ones occasionally play in it...but not quite like that :giggle:

my girls stash food in their litter box (ewww!) and then go back later for snacks...and will just eat right in there..its pretty disgusting..lol, but I love them anyway..

littlematchstick said:
my girls stash food in their litter box (ewww!) and then go back later for snacks...and will just eat right in there..its pretty disgusting..lol, but I love them anyway..

Haha my entire crew does this too. Gizmo my former alpha kept stashing the food either in the litter box or in a corner where I couldn't find it. I got so annoyed because I would find food on the floor attracting bugs, or I'd be giving them more food when they had plenty of it stashed away! I tried to get him to stop, but he wouldn't, so finally I gave in and stopped putting their food in a bowl and put it in their litter box instead. Surprisingly this worked, and no more or less mess for me to worry about, but still um...gross lol! He's the only one that cares where the food is, everyone just grabs and eats it without worry of hoarding, its weird, why do some rats just feel the need to hoard food and others don't care?

Back