Now ORBIT! Help!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilratsy43

So I looked at the ratties today and I noticed little Orbit's face was swollen. I tried to get a better look but he will not sit still so I think it hurts him. My only thought is that I did intros with Harvey and the whole group yesterday so maybe he got bit but I am unable to see a bite mark.

Here is what he looked like yesterday
Orit.jpg

And this is him today
DSC02628.jpg

DSC02618.jpg

Is there anything I can do for him or give him? There is no way I could get him in to the vet until friday...so if anyone has any ideas of what is going on, please let me know!!!

I would try to give him some ibuprofen to help bring down the swelling and see if that helps at all.
If it stays like that, he'll need to see a vet.

Lilspaz gave me a dose for childrens ibuprofen medicine to give one of my boys when he had a limp and swollen leg. It worked wonders. That guys poor little face!! Can he open his mouth properly and still eat and drink?

Just thought I would update everyone. Orbit is doing much much better! The swelling has completely gone down, I think he may have been bit by one of the ratties during intros...

They were going great, until the random blood incident happened. The group took to the foster girls better then Harvey. He was afriad to do anything for two days, so I decided to seperate him and put him with a few of the more accepting girls for a few days...that has worked out great, he is happy, they are happy...very little fighting, so I will try to get everyone in the big cage again this weekend...He is actually with Orbit and two other girls, so that should help the group to accept him more openly...

lilratsy43 said:
Just thought I would update everyone. Orbit is doing much much better! The swelling has completely gone down, I think he may have been bit by one of the ratties during intros...

Sometimes I think rats seize the opportunity to make sure every boo-boo swells up significantly...

It's no secret that "patient status" means more treats, more cuddles, more scritches, more everything... it's called reverse psychology and allows the little con artist to Lord it for a while.

Never underestimate the intelligence of your rat.... :cheeky:

:bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4:
:bunnydance: :laugh4: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :laugh4:
:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4:

Back