Not rattie related - I think these cats need saved

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePokemonMaster

Alright, so here's the situation- We also have two cats in the house (Kept away from my rats). My little brother not only terrorizes and scares them on purpose, he LAUGHS about it. And it's each and every day. It's highly disturbing to watch. I have explained to him that's wrong MANY times(With a lot of anger, maybe that's the problem), but he doesn't stop. He's 12 years old, he's old enough to know to be kind to animals. I have considered ways to rehome them, but every way I can think of usually has some issue attached. I'm not sure what to do with these poor babies. :( They're both very skittish, I try to give them positive socialization, but it doesn't outweigh their bullying. What should I do?

My mother owns three cats and one came to her very scared and nervous. Keep them away from your brother as much as possible, maybe even kwep them in one room your brother doesn't use? They need to be shown that humans are not horrible.

On another note, im not trying to offend you or anything but your brother needs serious help.. at the age of twelve he should know better. Ive studied criminal psychology for many years and that is not a good sign at all. Theres nothing wrong with going to a therapist and I highly suggest it.

My mother owns three cats and one came to her very scared and nervous. Keep them away from your brother as much as possible, maybe even kwep them in one room your brother doesn't use? They need to be shown that humans are not horrible.

On another note, im not trying to offend you or anything but your brother needs serious help.. at the age of twelve he should know better. Ive studied criminal psychology for many years and that is not a good sign at all. Theres nothing wrong with going to a therapist and I highly suggest it.
I will try. And I'm not offended at all, I'm not gonna go into it on a public forum like this, but there's reasons why I wouldn't be surprised at all if some thing's seriously wrong with him. I've been considering first finding them new homes, and then making it look liked they escaped from an open door.

That's true too. But then again, he makes sure the cats stay out of my room to protect the rats, and he also doesn't seem to want to touch them. It's a sticky situation.

I think you should stick with your plan and find homes for the cats. If they are in serious danger find them homes. It makes no sense at all,to allow him to act like this towards the cats just so he doesn't do it to your rats. An animal is an animal they don't deserve to be treated that way. I would also suggest finding a way to lock up your rats cage or the room they are in whrn you're not in the house.

I think you should stick with your plan and find homes for the cats. If they are in serious danger find them homes. It makes no sense at all,to allow him to act like this towards the cats just so he doesn't do it to your rats. An animal is an animal they don't deserve to be treated that way. I would also suggest finding a way to lock up your rats cage or the room they are in whrn you're not in the house.
Oh wow, I hope you didn't interpret that to mean I was keeping the cats around to protect the rats. That's not what I meant at all. What I meant was that I'm sort of at a loss of what to do.

Oh wow, I hope you didn't interpret that to mean I was keeping the cats around to protect the rats. That's not what I meant at all. What I meant was that I'm sort of at a loss of what to do.

Oh no I was referring to the other poster. I was just stating that if you can get them a home that would be the best thing to do. I can clearly see you care about these cats and you are doing a great thing for them.

Back