Not a nice start to my Friday...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clmntine

So I get to my Anatomy class, write a quiz, then our prof decides to show the class a news article before he starts teaching.

It's about this GIANT rat who was just killed in Sweden. WTF!? I do not want to start by day by having him read out how it was killed etc. Yes it's VERY large rat (16 inches before the tail).

Ugh! I guess a lot of people would find this gross and want to know how it was killed. But all I could think of ah! I want a giant rat to snuggle. Poor fellow. It tried to put up a good fight too. I can't expect my teacher to know I have rats, and love them. But seriously? That's just a sick way to start off our Friday. Also no clue why he felt the need to show this in an anatomy class!!

Here's the link to the article if you want to read it. WARNING the pictures aren't exactly pleasant at all. But this rat is HUGE!

http://gawker.com/ratzilla-the-16-inch-rat-from-hell-finally-captured-1552967729

Just needed to rant to people who would understand why this was an awful start to my day. As my classmates will not get it at all.

I had a FRIEND who knows I have rats post that article with TWO clear pics of it in a trap head first on my facebook wall!!!
I was like seriously that's nasty!!
Needless to say we shared words. I didn't want to start a comment war so I private msgd her and just said we have our differences on how we feel and I understand you had a bad go as a kid having big wild ones crawl on you at night but posting violent death pictures of them on facebook hurts me.

She shared it on your wall!? Whhhat! That's awful. Why on earth would you want to see that. If the rat had gotten away and survived the maybe. Icky! People think because you like rats you must like anything rat related... Bah!

Yup right to my facebook wall quoted "look at the size of this one...looks like your big boy"
Umm yep it does look like boots...thanks for that visual!

I had a FRIEND who knows I have rats post that article with TWO clear pics of it in a trap head first on my facebook wall!!!
I was like seriously that's nasty!!
Needless to say we shared words. I didn't want to start a comment war so I private msgd her and just said we have our differences on how we feel and I understand you had a bad go as a kid having big wild ones crawl on you at night but posting violent death pictures of them on facebook hurts me.

My creep of a son (and I do say that lovingly) posted it to my facebook! That was one big rat - that was about the size of my last dog!!!

EDIT: I just looked at your pictures, they are the same ones, but they didn't show up that gruesome on my facebook page. Aggh, why did I look at yours!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but if someone knows that you love and have rats as pets and then chooses to forcibly submit haneous pictures like that...IT IS MALICIOUS.

I get so SICK and TIRED of people pulling this s..t. I'm going to start posting pictures of murdered dogs and cats on their walls.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Back