Not a cat lunch today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

I replied to a kijiji add that said she had gotten a rat and was not working out with her cat. I got a reply back today and I honestly thought it was someone that was trying to pull my leg. They said the cat would bite and scratch the rats and play to rough so they wanted to find them a new home. Turns out she got a 2nd rat a couple days after the first girl. As she was emailing she then says she lost one of them :emb: I'm thinking yup this is someone just wasting my time. Turns out it was all true. Lucky rats to be alive!
She had them barely a week! This is a prim example as why pet stores should not sell animals!

I had a bad feeling about going to this place alone but I couldn't find anyone to go with me so off I went. The woman let me in and I could tell that something wasn't right. Maybe she had some mental illness I'm not sure. Thankfully the kids brought the rats too me as the woman kept insisting I go check out her basement. :shock:

I kept telling her no that it was ok. I didn't need to see where the rats lived or what they ate. In my mind I'm thinking of all those horror movies where people get pushed down the stairs and locked in the basement. *shudders* grabbed the rats and got the heck out of there as fast I could lol

I checked over the girls and didn't find any wounds on them thankfully! They're quite small I'm guessing 7-9 weeks old. Zoe has very interesting markings that I have never seen before. She has a beige split cap but then has a smeeze nose. Zelda is an agouti broken hood. They're really friendly and actually in pretty decent health! They are going in QT with the three P sisters as they have to be in QT longer because they're on meds.

Zoe she is the smallest

Zelda

Prue coming over to tell Zoe that she is the boss lol

Zoe and Pheobe

Yikes! who knows what kind of creepiness she was keeping down there. glad you made it out with the wee ones unscathed.

Beautiful girls. so glad you got them and theyr getting along with their new sisters.

They're really taking to the other girls. I was a little shocked though when Zoe, the beige cap girl, tried to nurse on Pipper. I've never seen that before. She must have been taken too young? Pipper didn't seem to mind and just moved so she'd stop.

Oh my goodness, you should always message a bunch of us the address you are going to just in case you do get locked in a basement.
All us crazy rat ladies will come rescue you with our rat army of course!

lindsayfawn said:
They're really taking to the other girls. I was a little shocked though when Zoe, the beige cap girl, tried to nurse on Pipper. I've never seen that before. She must have been taken too young? Pipper didn't seem to mind and just moved so she'd stop.
Awwww, poor little baby is missing her mommy... :(
It sounds like they really lucked out today!
And yes, it's very important to stay safe - all you have to do is watch the news to get the fear of freaky people in you!

thefriggintribe said:
Oh my goodness, you should always message a bunch of us the address you are going to just in case you do get locked in a basement.
All us crazy rat ladies will come rescue you with our rat army of course!

lol I'll do that next time

The girls are doing really well. Prue for some reason gives Zoe, the smallest one, a hard time. Doesn't help that Zoe is a drama queen lol but she does let Prue pin her. I wish I had of had my phone with me as Prue, Pheobe and Zelda were all snuggled together.

Pipper has been staying by herself lately and still is sneezing quite a bit. She has improved some with the doxy but I think I might have to get something stronger.

If ever you need company on a pick up feel free to send me an email :) I was the one who sold you the DCN haha. Or at the very least send me the address and if I don't hear back from you saying you're safe and sound I can send the police or something!

I'm glad you were able to save those girls!

that is horrible what they went through. I love cats and I love rats. BUT I don't think I would let them interact with each other. I do not have a cat of my own.

xio said:
If ever you need company on a pick up feel free to send me an email :) I was the one who sold you the DCN haha. Or at the very least send me the address and if I don't hear back from you saying you're safe and sound I can send the police or something!

I'm glad you were able to save those girls!

lol sounds like a plan. Thanks

These girls are doing really great. They're so funny! Zelda, the agouti, is so hyper and popcorns around every where. Zoe really likes Pheobe and tends to stick to her as if she were her mom. She's a bit of a princess lol

Prue, the dumpster girl, is the queen and reminds them of it when they annoy her. I think I'll be taking Prue in to see the vet this week. I'm concerned the way her belly looks and she's not very active. Her belly reminds me of one of our rescues that had a tumor in her belly. Hopefully that isn't the case. But I want to find out.

Wasn't Prue the dumpster girl the one you thought might be pregnant, who was having owie stretches for a while?
Maybe the babies died in there but weren't resorbed. SQ had a rattie like that a couple of years ago I think...

Joanne said:
Wasn't Prue the dumpster girl the one you thought might be pregnant, who was having owie stretches for a while?
Maybe the babies died in there but weren't resorbed. SQ had a rattie like that a couple of years ago I think...

Yup that's her. She had owie stretches just that one day and haven't seen then since. She seems to be having a good day today. I find her belly looks low? I'll try and get some pictures. Going to get her in for an xray and see what it shows. She isn't a fan of me touching her belly and is still pretty nippy every now 'n then. She's kinda grumpy but seems to like me more than her QT mom's.

She's eating and drinking fine and doesn't seem to be in pain. But something seems off.

Zoe and Zelda are being adopted with Butters! They're done QT this Friday and are going to their new home this Sunday. They're going to have an awesome new mom who is a vet tech for our old rattie vet Dr. Dunnett.

Back