nostril disharge

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pakrat

my daughter has a female rattie who is showing a reddish discharge from her nose.i now know this is a sign of illness but my question is, is it contagious?she has been with 7 other girls.

It can also be a sign of stress due to anything really, from loud noise to myco flare up. I would say it's not contagious but do keep an eye on her if she shows anymore symptoms... if so it would be time to see a vet.

Jo, they have told me it has been an on-going thing, so thats why I suggested the rattie was sick. This rat has been seperated from the rest and has to have her nose cleaned daily...so I suggested seeing a vet...

Ps I did not suggest the rat be seperated, this had already been done...

like SQ said even if you separate them most likely if it is contagious they already would have it. i wish you good luck best thing is see a vet they will be able to help you and tell you what she may have.

Ah then, if it's that bad... that they need to clean it, I'd probably bring the rat to a vet too. But I would put the rat back with the others asap.

Back