Normal Sized Young Rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonnyvincent

I was curious about whether this group of rats is as big as they should be? I traced back and found specific dates-- they were adopted on Tuesday September 1st. They were most like about 5 1/2 weeks old, which makes them 13 weeks old now.

I weighed them September 12 (all except one, who we went back and got a few days later). They have been on antibiotics- 3 have had symptoms (Malachi, Samuel, and Harry), the other 3 have been symptom free. All are now free of symptoms and off antibiotics except for Malachi.

I weighed again Saturday, exactly 6 weeks after weighing them before. Most have doubled their weight and one has more than doubled his weight. I'm concerned about the smallest. Perhaps the runt? Given that he has doubled his weight just like the others, I'm hoping it's not a health issue.

Here are there current weights compared to 6 weeks ago. They were 7 weeks and are now 13 weeks, if I am correct about their age. I've done research and they did look to be around 5 1/2 weeks old.

Malachi - 131, 340 (weight increased by 2.6X)
Oscar - 134, 315 (weight increased by 2.35X)
Kermit - n/a, 310
Gideon - 135, 280 (weight increased by 2.07X)
Samuel - 131, 270 (weight increased by 2.06X)
Harry - 112, 240 (weight increased by 2.14X)

I know every rats weight varies but are they doing OK?

Back