No more Pee River Shelves :) (modified small Superpet)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Nakies, as a lot of people know "produce" more than most rats with their superfast metabolism. I have to change their fleece and scrub those pee-river shelves every 2 days...blech!

So I decided since I still had part of an ALT hammie cage that Jorats had given me years ago I cut it up and made it into an impromptu level, and used the remainder of the width to make a ramp. :)

I think Lisbet and Bella like. :D I know I will like wiping down lino rather than scrubbing those disgusting shelves all the time.

LisbetandBellaintheirmodsmallSP.jpg

SPsmallmodified.jpg

And here is Bella using the covered ramp
SPsmallmodramp.jpg

Now if only I had more wire sides I could modify another cage :)

jorats said:
What did you cover the ramp with? I need to do exactly that for my old guys? And how did you attach it?

Dollar store, you can pick up this rubbery stuff for lining shelves. It comes in rolls...it kinda sticks to itself as well. I also use a strip under my tupperware when I weigh my rats since plastic on plastic slips and makes the rat feel insecure.

mynewstuff.jpg

Comes in different colours too, mostly green and blue though. :)

You can take a bird ladder and wrap it tightly around (it holds better if you wrap it over itself), and fasten it with tape :)

When it gets dirty, cut it off and replace it. :thumbup:

I did this using a bird ladder for Sebastian.
bottmlevel.jpg

Sweet! I wonder if Scott will bring me to the dollar store before we go out tonight. :bounce:

What kind of tape? duct? packaging? scotch? electrical? :lol2:

jorats said:
Sweet! I wonder if Scott will bring me to the dollar store before we go out tonight. :bounce:

What kind of tape? duct? packaging? scotch? electrical? :lol2:

Hahaha...i used a version of duct tape, but I am sure anything super adhesive will work.

*Shelagh wills Scott to want to go to the dollar store before the movie*

The nakies are very happy with the new setup...it gives them more room overall and they can have their litter pan back...they actually use it but there wasn't enough room for it :roll:

Great solution! That would be good for covering an FN ramp, too, when there is an older or infirm ratty resident.

The girls look very pleased with their new setup and, as we all know, anything that eases cage cleaning is worthy of a Nobel prize.

Wow, our dollar store had tons and all kinds of colours. I went with burgundy. :D

I'll be fixing up the ramps tomorrow. I'm sooooooo happy!! I've been looking for a long time at what I could do.

I agree, Shelagh is now known as McGyver!!

Hey, cage MacGyver!! Keep up the good work!

I watch so little TV that I didn't even know who he was. So I just googled him and got all kinds of fun info from Wikipedia!

A bit of MacGyverishness is handy in a rat owner, I think!

Synnøve said:
Man, you're so lucky over there with your dollar stores!
Wo don't have anything like that.. Sigh

They would have this at any home improvement type store Synnove.

Its just a rubbery shelf lining, but dollar stores are sooo cheap and its there so why not buy there?

And off I go to scrub my own pee rivers :roll:

Shelagh, there's something about your "rattie supplies" pictures that make me laugh... I don't know why... they just do.

moon said:
And off I go to scrub my own pee rivers :roll:

Shelagh, there's something about your "rattie supplies" pictures that make me laugh... I don't know why... they just do.

The Pee River shelves in the Superpet below maybe? :roll:

I hadn't modded that cage at that time. I take pics of everything, you should know that by now moon :mrgreen: You just never know when you'll need to "describe" something...

Back