Nickelrat's Rattie Bunch Update with new pics on pg. 2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickelrat

Hi there, :hello3:

I can't believe how time flies lately. Since April, I've had 1 rat pts and 3 have passed away. One of them was my heart rat, Noelle. Just writing her name makes my eyes water. :sad3: I guess I was in a little depression since her death.

But my life is really good with my babies. I still have 5 oldies in their retirement cage and 15 young vibrant sweeties in a three level FN.

First, my 33 month old Eve, Noelle's sister. I can't believe how strong going she is. She waddles around the cage, still being her bossy self.
Eve-1.jpg

Nom, nom, nom!
Eve2.jpg

Then there's my sweet beautiful Simon. He's also 33 months old. Like Eve, he waddles too but at least he's not at the dragging his feet stage yet.
Simon-2.jpg

His fawn color is super orange.
Simon2.jpg

Here's Holly. She has chronic myco and on meds. She also developped a tumor last June and it's growing. :(
But she's still very alert, loves to eat and so far, she can still get around in her cage. I dread the day that her tumor will be too big for her and I'll have to make the dreaded decision. :sad3: She is now 30 months old. :thumbup:
Holly-3.jpg

Another 30 month old is Charlie. She's got to be the cutest little blue dumbo senior rat I've ever had. :cuddle: She lives for cuddles with me even when she was very healthy. Now it seems her chronic myco is winning the battle and I might lose this sweet princess very soon. :sad3:
Charlie-2.jpg

Holly and Charlie :cuddle:
HollyCharlie.jpg

Finally the youngest senior @ 29 months old is my licky, licky Max. He's a rex agouti and so very soft. He's my doll. :heart:
Max-3.jpg

Then, there's my young ones. :heart:

There's Oliver - 11 months old. I think he's alpha. He's jorat's Prue's brother
Oliver-2.jpg

Naya, the dumbo queen also 11 months old. Shelagh had Naya and her sister Trini in her care and I fell in love with them.
Naya-1.jpg

Jozelle is 7 months old and she's one of Prue and Oliver's daughter.
Jozelle-1.jpg

Another cute princess and Jozelle's sister, Milene.
Milene-1.jpg

Shep is the brother to Jozelle and Milene and he looks so much like his dad. I have to look at the bellies to see who's who. :nod:
Shep-1.jpg

Then there's the girls from the SPCA here in sudbury. Winter, Sunny and Cara, 7 months old.
Winter is not a Pew. She actually has a very faint hood.
Winter-1.jpg

Sunny is in between Fiji and Mitzi.
Sunny-1.jpg

Cara with little Rose (from right to left)
RoseCara.jpg

The rest are from the three surprise litters that mamarat and morats rescued, raised and fell in love. :lol:
I acquired two from each litter. :heart: :joy:

Dana and Rose are from mamarat's Daisy's litter.
Dana is my super hyper clown. She makes me laugh so much.
Dana.jpg

Her sister, Rose is the opposite, shy and sweet.
Rose.jpg

Mamarat's April's litter produced a Fiji and Yvette and came to live with me. :)
Fiji (beige hooded) is my little explorer and loves to give kisses. She'll even stretch over to my face to lick my lips. So sweet. :heart:
Fiji.jpg

And here's Yvette (black hooded) with Shep and scene stealer, Milene. :lol: She just wants to play with her cage mates all the time.
PruesBabies.jpg

Mitzi and Susie are two rex girls that I love, love, love!! :nod: Jani, their naked mom lives with mamarat.
These girls know how to have fun. They are so friggin happy all the time. lol
Beautiful Susie:
Susie.jpg

Mitzi beside Milene
MitziMilene.jpg

Finally found a pic with Trini (Naya's sister). She's the himi.
From left to right; Milene, of course, :wink: Sunny, Trini and Susie
MileneFriends.jpg

I didn't think this post would be this long...phew. :blahblah: I hope you enjoyed the update. :lol2:

I so look forward to seeing rattie pics- this photo spread was AMAZING! Your senior group is simply gorgeous! I love seeing that look of security and contentment in their eyes - it is apparent that you have given lots of tlc :heart: Where to begin with the younger crew? All so alert,curious, and healthy looking. I am sure they are taking mental inventory so they will know what to get to next-I love glimpses of their happy homes in the background!! :D This was what I needed to get my second wind to finish my day!!

Wonderful to see the pics of your ratties Nic. :thumbup:

Especially Holly :wink:

Two of her younger sister's that lived with godmother have died.
Her 3 remaining sisters with godmother are starting to decline :(

anyway, beautiful pics
thanks for the update, I hope it is a very, very slow growing tumour

Holly

Such beautiful photos of your lovely ratty gang! Your oldies are aging with dignity. My heart always melts when I see Holly, who looks so much like her sister Angela who is still with me. :heart:

Your young ones are so vibrant! Good to see them all.

Nic!! You take such amazing pics of your ratties. They are looking good! I need to come visit more often and see my rattie nieces and rattie nephews. :love1:

jorats said:
Nic!! You take such amazing pics of your ratties. They are looking good! I need to come visit more often and see my rattie nieces and rattie nephews. :love1:

They are right there and you don't see them ALL the time?? :shock:

What a beautiful update...your oldies are divine and they look happy and serene. Max reminds me sooo much of my Aura... :heart:

Naya and Oliver and Shep and all the babies!!! *squeal* :bunnydance:

So happy, and friendly, every single one of them!! thank you for this update, it was much needed today. :heart: :heart:

So I'm thinking - Well, yeah it's way overdue to post all your kids when you just took such nice shots of all Jo's. and then I see you've had them up a while! I missed them til now :doh:

Oh Nicole! Every beloved rattie should be immortalized as perfectly as you capture your beautiful babies! You get such great poses, and I can see every hair on your kids, better than I can see them on my own with my own eyes even :nod: I could reach out and pat them! heck I could reach out and kidnap Charlie almost! :heart: What a little doll!
Great shots! and beautiful kids! and what a ham Milene is! :lol:

And it's so great to have a catchup with all your babes. I'm very sorry about the ones you've lost... all but especially your little heart rattie..

Back