Newb!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siren

Hello all! I am a soon to be rat mommy (or grandma? They will be for my daughter lol), and I prefer to go into these things well informed so I'm as prepared as I can be during the learning process. Pets at my house are family, I like to make sure they are well loved and cared for

I have a zillion questions ranging from potty training preferences/ages/recommendations to gender suggestions to habitat needs. I've looked through the forums and found some answers here and there, but still have questions of my own.
Would it be best to make multiple posts in each of the appropriate threads, or one massive post with a bombardment of questions?

I so appreciate any and all help!

Welcome Siren! I'm so glad you're doing your best to prepare for the ratties before bringing them home! They need and deserve the best possible life, and to give them that requires knowledge. So, conratulations on that. I don't know how the site administration would rather you do it, but perhaps you could begin with one or two questions.

In reference to gender: everyone has their preference for various reasons. It depends on what you want from the rats. To reduce the differences to one simple variable, for playfulness, I think girls are more satisfactory, while boys are more lazy and cuddly. I prefer boys because I can't crawl around on the floor with them, and my boys will sit and read with me for an hour, mostly without "accidents." My girls would never do that.

Back