New Young Ratty Family - New Pics 01/01

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

story started here;

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=22353

and ended up with Crumbilina/Jenny picking them up and bringing them to me. the 4 baby boys are all reserved already. :joy:

Hoodie boy
dec16hoodieboy2.jpg

dec16hoodieboy3.jpg

"Too bright!!!'
dec16hoodieboy1.jpg

Black berk boy
dec16blackboy.jpg

Smeeze rex boy
dec16smeezerexboy.jpg

dec16smeezestandardboy2.jpg

Smeeze standard coat boy
dec16smeezestandardboy.jpg

and the girls

black rex 1
dec16blackgirlCrex2.jpg

dec16blackgirlCrex1.jpg

black berk 2
dec16blackgirlA.jpg

black rex 2 with irish marking (?_)
dec16blackgirlBrex1.jpg

"look up here" and she did! An obedient girl, who woulda thunk it. :giggle:
dec16blackgirlBrex2.jpg

And the wee-est one who was formerly called the ugly duckling..a whopping 74 grams at 7 weeks. :shock:
dec16smeezedoublegirl2.jpg

dec16smeezedoublegirl.jpg

and the mom's, both about 180 grams, young and small. they both had babies (no idea who's is who's)
dec16Mom.jpg

dec16MomArex3.jpg

Oh my gosh!!
These pictures just made my morning!! So adorable.
How old are they? (sorry if i missed it in the post.. I was overwhelmed by cuteness)

The boys range from 91-98 grams and the girls are 74, 76 for two, and umm.. 82 I think? When mom's are impregnated at 5 weeks of age, they usually have teeny babies. They all seem very healthy, sweet and happy though. They were all content to just sit on shoulders and brux between photos. LOL

omg....these pictures are no help with me trying to stay low on ratties. they make me want to kiss them all

OH crud, I forgot to mention last night - not sure where my brain was/is... I believe it was mentioned in casual conversation when I picked them up that the litters were 1 week apart?

The 2 smeeze boys still make my heart melt lol

OH Midwest! Please hurry to get the CN add on out!!!!!

How were they in their huge cage??? lol

crumbilina said:
OH crud, I forgot to mention last night - not sure where my brain was/is... I believe it was mentioned in casual conversation when I picked them up that the litters were 1 week apart?

The 2 smeeze boys still make my heart melt lol

OH Midwest! Please hurry to get the CN add on out!!!!!

How were they in their huge cage??? lol

Ohhh 1 week apart? Hmmm...so maybe some of the smaller ones are really 6 weeks?

The girls were huddled behind the big litter pan, so I took the fleece you had in their carrier and tossed it into the pan itself...after that they really came out to explore. Bouncing and checking out things (the cage, me, etc) and eating lab blocks bigger than their heads LOL. One of the Mom's is going to take a LOT of watching. She is bound and determined to get Out. I had to keep plucking her off the side and putting her back inside LOLOL

the boys were much calmer and when I put my hand in their cage they were just snoozing under their fleece LOL

awwwww :heart:

I think I know which mama your talking about. She was a little devil when we loaded them into the cage. She also managed to get out a couple times when I was grabbing the little girlies out to take pics. The other mommy was just huddled in a corner.

Aww, Im so happy they are doing well.

That popped in my heat on the drive home last night, about one litter being older then the other. It would explain why some are smaller, but they are pretty much all about the same size though if you seperate males from females...

I dunno, they are ALL so very little.

What a gorgeous litter!!! I have never seen ears quite like those a babies in a long long time haha

Beautiful, perfect. I am so happy you got them and not the man with a house load of kids! No wonder you have res on the boys :heart:

M0onkist said:
Those are incredibly huge ears, lol

I'll take any type of ear, but oh, do dumbo ears ever make my heart go pitter-pat!
LOL, small wonder why they are termed "dumbos" - those ears can almost pass for wings!

And me too! Those ears just give them a little extra something special. You can't say "NO" to a face like that!

As for those pictures, too cute to be real! :thud:

Back