New rescue babies! (new pics)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratamataz

My new Multnomah rescue babies are here!! :happydance:
Thanks to Lauren (Fidget) who posted about her future new nekkid girls which inspired me to help out and take a couple sweeties home.:heart:
They had a long day today (along with Lauren's nekkid girlies! :D) coming all the way from Oregon in a hot car and stuck in Seattle rush hour traffic.
They are tiny, only about five or six weeks old, curious, and friendly!
The names for these little fellows came to me on the car ride home. :p
Meet Sammy
Sammy.jpg

I love his cute blaze and pink eyes
Sammy3.jpg

And here's Stanley, such a pretty colour!
Stanley.jpg

Stanley2.jpg

Here's a cute little face
Sammy2.jpg

Wrestling Brothers - if you look closely, Sammy has a scabby area by his tail. :( Can babies be treated with revolution?
Babieswrestle.jpg

Relaxing
StanleyandSammy.jpg

They are currently in QT as best I can, a little bit sneezy, and a little bit skinny. Otherwise they are playful and happy little babies!

If you can wait a week I would for the Revolution. 5-6 weeks should be fine to treat them. I did Dilbert at 4 weeks.

they are adorable!! Looks like they are both fawns? But the standard coated fawn shows the colour better than the rexy boy. :D

Holy smokes... they are incredibly gorgeous!
Most people don't realize that when doing rescues, you also get these wonderful surprises and end up with quite the "fancy" rat. I like to call those a rescue surprise. :D

I know, I was floored when I saw them! I had no idea what they looked like until Fidget sent me a photo just a couple hours before going to pick them up. I couldn't believe how pretty they were! :heart:
And I wasn't expecting them to be tiny babies, I wasn't sure what their age would be. It was a wonderful surprise!

I can definitely wait a week for revolution, they aren't scratching like mad or anything. The thought of bugs on such liddle bebbies is sad!

I'll have to spend lots of time socializing them. They aren't bitey, but are a bit wary of my hands. I put my hand in the hammock with Stanley, and he gave my finger a "test bite" and slowley pressed down pretty hard until I went "EEK!" He stopped, looked a little bewildered, and then slowley backed up as if saying "uh, I don't know about you. Go away now". I can sneak in a couple strokes here and there, but they try to get away as fast as possible. I am able to pick them up and they won't bite.

Off to give them a little yogurt with brecky!
:baby:

Adorable!!!! Hello Sammy! Hello Stanley!
HCongratsRat.gif

They surely are beauties! Did you luck into 2 dumbos there? :D
I'm sure you'll have them filled out and eating out of your hand in more ways in one in no time at all!
Did you ask Simone if they've been treated for mites at all yet? Might be good to see before you re-treat..

Welcome home little fellas!!!!!

Fidget said:
Did you ask Simone if they've been treated for mites at all yet? Might be good to see before you re-treat..

Good idea, I'll do that. :D That's an adorable picture, BTW!

Their personalities are starting to surface, Sammy (rexy boy) is undoubtedly the little alpha between the two. He is much more confident, more eager to explore, and not so wary of me. He power grooms his brother Stanley, who waits until big brother does something first, like tasting the baby cereal and yogurt on the scary plate, before trying it too. They've learned that the hammock is a comfy place to sleep, and that mum's hand in the cage isn't as scary as they first thought! :mrgreen:

Ratamataz - I'm sorry, I won't be getting the girls :cry: I sure hope that's not a negative between us cause I could sure use some hugs.
This bums me out for many reasons, 1 - a nifty connection with you, 2 - It was so importannt to me to name one Summer. 3 God, I really do want to hold them. 4 I wanted to rescue someone, but these girls don't need rescuing, only exposure.
They are so young & friendly & beautiful & adoptable!
I want kids I can relate to. Cranky old broads who like their space. Who might have some phyical difficulties that I can ease.

The girls aren't coming, My choice. But I'm still crying over them. I still want to hold them. I'm just not the best place for them.

ratamataz said:
My new Multnomah rescue babies are here!! :happydance:
Thanks to Lauren (Fidget) who posted about her future new nekkid girls which inspired me to help out and take a couple sweeties home.:heart:
They had a long day today (along with Lauren's nekkid girlies! :D) coming all the way from Oregon in a hot car and stuck in Seattle rush hour traffic.
They are tiny, only about five or six weeks old, curious, and friendly!
The names for these little fellows came to me on the car ride home. :p
Meet Sammy
Sammy.jpg

I love his cute blaze and pink eyes
Sammy3.jpg

And here's Stanley, such a pretty colour!
Stanley.jpg

Stanley2.jpg

Here's a cute little face
Sammy2.jpg

Wrestling Brothers - if you look closely, Sammy has a scabby area by his tail. :( Can babies be treated with revolution?
Babieswrestle.jpg

Relaxing
StanleyandSammy.jpg

They are currently in QT as best I can, a little bit sneezy, and a little bit skinny. Otherwise they are playful and happy little babies!

:congrats: :love4: :love7: :love6: :flower: :love11: :rose:

(I think that says it all...no? ;)!!!)

Fidget said:
Ratamataz - I'm sorry, I won't be getting the girls :cry: I sure hope that's not a negative between us cause I could sure use some hugs.
This bums me out for many reasons, 1 - a nifty connection with you, 2 - It was so importannt to me to name one Summer. 3 God, I really do want to hold them. 4 I wanted to rescue someone, but these girls don't need rescuing, only exposure.
They are so young & friendly & beautiful & adoptable!
I want kids I can relate to. Cranky old broads who like their space. Who might have some phyical difficulties that I can ease.

The girls aren't coming, My choice. But I'm still crying over them. I still want to hold them. I'm just not the best place for them.

Aww, Fidget - Of course there is no negativity at all! :hugs:
I understand... you wanted to take in some girls who truly needed your love and caring, girls who desperately needed a second chance, or a comfy retirement home. You just have so much love to give. :heart:
I'm sorry you won't be getting your girls - because I know how much you were looking forward to them, and how much you would have loved them.
You know better than anyone, of course, what kind of ratties you are best suited to. If more people listened to their intuition like you did about when getting an animal might not be right for them, there would be fewer homeless creatures out there. :hugs:
Your special girls are still waiting for you somewhere... and I still feel that we have a friendship regardless.
(( HUGS))

Thankyou Ratamataz.
Thought I was gonna give warmth & respect to 2 nekked old dears in their last days, and turns out 2 young sassy young flashers need a place to crash.
No doubt they'll have many offers.
When I was young and naked all my needs were taken care of and I was spoiled rotten.
Now that I'm old my nakedness is not alluring, nor is my bad breathing, or choosing to sleep rather than play, and I expect I will only become less desirable when I lose control of my legs or bowels or develop tumors.
They say life is made up of choices. When I can't move my body out of my pee anymore its not about choices, it's about luck.

Normally I'd be asking about your boys. Not that I don't care, just that I'm overwhelmed and prioritizing and frankly grieving some. (a lot) . No matter what happens with these girls Sammy & Stanley are gonna be special to me.
I love the name Sammy BTW, Stanley not so much...Doesn't matter. Those kids are really living, right?
Oh Ratamataz, I am so glad those 2 precious souls are safe and really gonno have a life!
And I'm always gonna be paying special attention to them to. Cause they're familyl

I love the name Sammy BTW, Stanley not so much

WHAT??!!! LOL, just kidding. :mrgreen: I named him Stanley after a little mouse I had once who was almost the same colour and died quite tragically by way of escaping and being mauled by my cats. It took him a week to die. I'm sorry, little Stanley mouse. :rose:

I'm overwhelmed and prioritizing and frankly grieving some. (a lot)

:( :roseopen: :hugs:

I decided, after several days of settling in, and gentle socialization of the nervous babies by hand in the cage and hammock, a few strokes if I could sneak them in, that last night would be a good time to break the ice and have our first movie night with the babies. They started out cuddled in my sweater, then felt bold enough to come out and explore!
Afterwards, they were like new babies, climbing and playing all over us. It was quite the milestone!

Wee ones cuddled by dad's big hand. They are so very small. :heart:
movienight.jpg

They felt confident enough to enjoy a treat of yogurt.
movienight2.jpg

Becoming really relaxed by dad's warm arm.
movienight3.jpg

Awww, they're so cute, and settling in beautifully, eh? Sammy looks very relaxed in the last picture.
I'm sorry about you Stanley mouse, that must have been so heartbreaking for you. You know, I've just never known a Stanley that I liked - til now! :D

Back