New Rat Owner probably over reacting but I don't know

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanaya

https://youtu.be/Xl-6HYKGzJQ

She's breathing a bit hard but it's not consistent and I just got her today. Is her breathing a problem or is this normal? She's a little twitchy but I don't know if that's her heat or what's happening. Please watch and advise?

I'm not sure but it looks like she may have hiccups which is nothing to worry about
but just to be sure, can you get a video wiht no background noise, shut of the tv etc, and try to get a bit closer to her. Do you hear anything when she's breathing? and odd noises, whistling, or anything like that?

There's no noise whatsoever. I tried listening for like ten minutes (sorry about the noise btw, my boyfriend was doing stuff and I don't want to worry him needlessly).

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no noise whatsoever. I tried listening for like ten minutes (sorry about the noise btw, my boyfriend was doing stuff and I don't want to worry him needlessly).

no noise is good!
if she'll let you, you can put her chest (the side of it) up against your ear and get a better listen but it really doesn't look like there's anything wrong from what I saw in the video

how is her breathing now?

how old is she?

She's probably 6 weeks or so? The pet store knew nothing about her. (I realize rescues are best but we needed a companion for my rescued baby Ellie ASAP and I have no access to shelters.) she looks like her rump is twitching ever so slightly and she's pretty stationary. Maybe she's just sleepy, I'm not sure.

In that video, she's grooming so there's a lot of shaking going on because she's scratching and cleaning and such. Totally normal, nothing off there at all.

Back