New member Rat Mama

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaijBritt

Hi Everyone!
My name is Paij and I am from Hawaii. I live in Honolulu with 6 girls - 5 grown ups and 1 little girl about 3 months old. I have 2 adult males (all are littermates) but they live at my bf's house. These are the 3rd.generation that started with a birthday gift dumbo female and a rescue semi wild male. I bought the little one to breed with 1 of my males so I can continue this line. My babies are 2 1/2 years old now and so i am going to be losing them . I am hoping the boys hold out a little while longer so my girl can grow up enough! I would never breed an immature female.
The baby's name is Kiore, which is Maori (New Zealand Polynesian) for Rat. She looks alot like a Polynesian Brown Rat, hence the name.
My other girls are Archer, Freya, Vendetta, Stella & Ursula. My boys are Odin and Thor.
I have been a Rat Lover since early childhood, I played with little stuffed Rats and Mice instead of human dolls. Indeed, I had a huge dollhouse named Mousehouse!! But for over 25 years now I have been a real Rat Mama.
My little guys are the last thing I see when I go out and the first thing when I come in. They give me so much joy, and always seem to find ways to get my attention!! They each are so different looking from the other, every combo of ear shape and head/face shape!! I love their distinct personalities and behaviors.
So thank you for the place to meet you and to share our pride and joys and experiences!!
Aloha,
Paijbritt

Welcome to the forum ! :)

You should know that this is a rat rescue forum, we promote adopting rats from shelters, rescues, and rats being rehomed. We do not support the breeding of rats.
You will see many threads on this site of pregnant rats and babies because people adopt rats already pregnant and sometimes people have accidental litters

Looking forwards to seeing lots of pics of your ratties :)

Back