New Kids On the Block

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Today, I travelled 4.5 hours to Toronto to pick up my new rats. Josee comes from the Montreal SPCA. She was a lone rat found in a park. Victoria arranged it so she could be transported to Toronto and fostered by lilspaz68. While there, I fell in love with two baby boys. So we plopped all three in the carrier and watched to see how they would get along. Of course, everything was great...so they came home with me. I'm keeping one of the names Bastien but with a e instead of a, turning him French. lol And the second will be renamed Louie. Lilspaz68, which one did you name Bastian? I can barely tell them apart. lol
Josee is doing great. She's very curious and alert. Bright eyes and shiny coat, she's simply gorgeous. Since I had three now, I couldn't keep them in their travel cage full time so I stopped at a pet store in Barrie. I picked up the Rat Resort. It's a great cage for babies, the bar spacing is perfect. I fixed it all up and moved them in. Josee was all over the place exploring it. The boys stayed at the bottom in their savic circus. Then, the broccoli and cauliflower came out... everyone enjoyed some.
Thank you so much to Victoria and her friend Sarah for bringing Josee to Toronto. Thank you to Shelagh and Jenny for picking them up and many many thanks to Shelagh for fostering them for a week.

And pics!!!

First the cage...
NewCage.jpg

Josee exploring.
Josee2.jpg

Baby boy checking it out.
NewRats.jpg

Nom nom the veggies
Babycauliflower.jpg

And a face shot of my very pretty French Hottie. Josee.
Josee.jpg

Bastien is the lighter one, the one who doesn't look like he has any face smudge and might be a beige hoodie rather than a light smeeze :) Awww they are now going to Live Happily Ever After :heart: :heart:

Ohh nice cage setup :wink2:

YAY! Everyone has finished their journeys and are at their forever homes! :D

You are gonna have your hands full with those little baby boys ;)
I can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up

Louie is very brave, adventurist. He's all over the place. Bastien is more reserved and quiet. Perfect pair. I often find Louie and Josee together in the cozyboat.

More pics!

Louie

Bastien.jpg

Bastien2.jpg

And the very pretty Josee:
Josee4.jpg

Look at that face!
Josee3.jpg

If ratty faces could launch ships... :giggle:

Be prepared for when Bastien relaxes and turns into the funniest little fellow who loves to PLAY. It can be quite a sudden change. Louie will always just be himself and Josee has quite a happy little family :heart: :heart:

I can't resist posting more pics of these sweeties. They are so awesome. Unfortunately, I only got one of Josee, she's so darn fast.

JoseeBoyo.jpg

But the baby boys accommodated my flashy thing tonight.
boyo4.jpg

boyos.jpg

boyo6.jpg

boyo3.jpg

boyo2.jpg

Back