New girls are here!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I got my two little new girls today :bliss:

The pregnant momma came into a Petco in MA where a rat lover was working. She took her home so the babies would be socialized and not born in the back of a big ol scary store

The babies, all 13, were born on Nov 22.
All PEWs with standard ears just like the mom

The mom :heart: is so tiny and delicate! big eyes and ears, it's so hard to believe she was carrying around a baker's dozen babies in that tiny belly.

And the baby is the tiniest little thing! :heart:

Both are very healthy looking, bright, alert and curious.

Now they've only been here since 11 am and it's too soon to be making the flashy thing go off in their faces, but I've been struggling with name ideas ever since I knew I'd be adopting them

Any ideas?

I prefer names that are easy for me to say, and the do not sound too much like the names of my current rats, that way it's easier for them to figure out who I am calling.

I have Cookie, Hope, Tilly and Clair.

Photos will be coming but there are some earlier ones of Momma (who was called Mimzy- I thought I"d keep that name but I have a hard time saying it, I think the dble M's trip up my tongue) and some newborn baby pictures here:
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4078470.0

Oh the baby I got was marked with a red Sharpie and I've been considering calling her Ruby (and possibly naming her mom Pearl)

Back