NEW CAGE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flinkylolaandtassy

I just got a new cage for my three rats because i wanted a bigger one anyway i put them in it but there only sleeping in the bottom of it and not playing is this normal and i am using newspaper as a bedding

curently snuggling with flinky lola and tassy :D

Congrats on the new cage. what kind is it?

Newspaper should have non-toxic print if you want to use it in cages. it won't absorb odor and waste as well as bedding.

How old are you rats? I find my adult, especially the ones who have switched cages already a few times, aren't as exciting by a new cage as youngsters.

The Natural Living cages are way too small for rats and the wood trim and shelves will absorb urine and create an unhealthy environment. I don't know that I would worry about them staying on the bottom without any other signs of illness.

temblabamomo said:
Congrats on the new cage. what kind is it?

Newspaper should have non-toxic print if you want to use it in cages. it won't absorb odor and waste as well as bedding.

How old are you rats? I find my adult, especially the ones who have switched cages already a few times, aren't as exciting by a new cage as youngsters.

Newspaper does a pretty good job absorbing odours - the carbon in the ink is great for neutralizing ammonia.

Back