New Cage for Cait! (Er... and the rats)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Got an awesome deal on a Prevue Chinchilla cage on Craigslist... 75 bucks, and they threw in a large silent spinner, a glass water bottle, and a couple other little things. Definitely made my day taking this baby home!! The lady who sold it to me was SUPER nice and was really interested in hearing about the rats, etc. It was nice. Anyway it came to me disassembled but labeled, and it only took me maybe 45 minutes to put together all by myself. It was going to go upstairs in my room but I ended up putting it in the living room on the same wall as the TV so that they'll be where we spend a good chunk of time haha.

Before

IMG_8534.jpg

After
IMG_8536.jpg

After after
IMG_8538.jpg

Without Karly in the way. Not too much going on in here right now but give me a few days and we'll see how it turns out. They don't have many hammocks because I only sewed a couple smaller ones for their old cage (MUCH smaller than this one) and then the red/Curious George I found in with the Octoplay I saved (thank goodness, as I got rid of most of my small critter things before the move).
IMG_8539-1.jpg

I got a few crappy pics of the boys in the cage for the first time. I'll get better ones tomorrow after I charge my external flash batteries. :)

Russy welcoming you to his new abode.
IMG_8542.jpg

Showing you his wheel and hanging toy.
IMG_8543.jpg

How to use a hammock
IMG_8545.jpg

Russy and Monroe saying they're done exploring the cage, can they come out now??
IMG_8548.jpg

The cage looks fantastic Cait, the boys are so lucky. Nice find!! I have never seen one of those but it looks like it could be a nice piece of furniture instead of a cage :)

That is a cute cage. I love the door on that cage. The boys shall be very happy in there...

So far I love it! They haven't started kicking bedding out or anything like that so it's like a mix between the two best cages haha. And the door is easy to get through and whatnot so I'm enjoying that part too.

AND GUESS WHO FOUND THIS FOR ME???

The ever lovely Spork!! She and Toasty were scouring CL for me and came up with this little doozy... GREAT deal and perfect for my two boy crew! :D

Cait said:
So far I love it! They haven't started kicking bedding out or anything like that so it's like a mix between the two best cages haha. And the door is easy to get through and whatnot so I'm enjoying that part too.

AND GUESS WHO FOUND THIS FOR ME???

The ever lovely Spork!! She and Toasty were scouring CL for me and came up with this little doozy... GREAT deal and perfect for my two boy crew! :D

Hehe, yeah... The pic in the ad didn't really show how big and awesome this cage is, but luckily I had just bought the same one and could say, "THIS, NOW, BUY IT."

Glad you managed to snag this, it's a good cage! I'm sure your boys will love it :dance:

Back