New Cage and "Lil" Extras !!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

I got a New Cage today, Found it on Craigslist a few weeks ok. Just got to meet the lady to get cage today, Its a Large Superpet cage, It has way more Levels then in Photo and ramps. I am going to use the level (Shelves) to make a Solid Floor in the middle of the cage to separate my girls from Chase until he is Neutered. Dash is still in Hosp. cage while he is healing. I cannot wait to Deck it all out in Fleece and toys Lol.

2jes5lz.jpg

Also another update is I have some Newbies coming next week possibly, Wed or Thursday, From My Friend Clara she got a Siamese girl from a Petstore and She had a Large litter about 2 weeks after she brought her and her Sister home, Thank god only 1 was Pregnant. Im taking some of the babies off her hands. She has a rabbit cage for her rats and its not big enough for the Momma and Sister and all the babies. They are weaning and starting to eat and drink on there own. I am getting a Blue Dumbo, Blue Variegated with a Blaze and a Blue Masked (I think) she thinks those are the girls but there are 7 babies total so......, Im not sure if I will be keeping them or just fostering until homes are found, She cannot sex them herself so Im going next week and helping to Sex the babies. I told her I can take 3 or So but It depends on the sexes. My girls are young so I may take Girlies home. Newbies will be quarantined in my Large bin cage anyway for a few weeks. Pics ASAP when I get them. I also had it all approved by my landlord so its all good, Im so happy he came around to my rats after He got to know them. Its such a relief,

So as of now I have Chase, Saphyra and Skye, and My Dash whom still isn't 100% from his Wound, Im having a hard time with him, Vets at there Limit with what they can do for him. Thats a whole new post.

So I may keep 1 or 2 babies, Depends on sexes, Im taking the girls. To help out my friend. Some will def. Be Fosters Only. I will keep everyone updated

Hey, I love the cage! It is going to be fabulous when you get it all decked out with hammocks, etc. Nice! Looks very roomy! (I have a Super Pet Exotics cage, a smaller version for my two boys, and I love it, as do my boys.)

Keep us posted on your fur babies! :balloons2:

How exciting about your incoming babies.

Be careful using this plastic levels to separate your intact guy from the others...a heated girlie will chew through plastic to get to a man. My friend placed the solid pan on her DCN on the 2nd level to prevent some girls from being near guys in the lower part. They chewed through right in the spot where the floor bars have and opening for where the ramp would normally be to descend to the lower level, she woke up to find a gal in w the guys.

How exciting about your incoming babies.

Be careful using this plastic levels to separate your intact guy from the others...a heated girlie will chew through plastic to get to a man. My friend placed the solid pan on her DCN on the 2nd level to prevent some girls from being near guys in the lower part. They chewed through right in the spot where the floor bars have and opening for where the ramp would normally be to descend to the lower level, she woke up to find a gal in w the guys.

My boys are getting neutered soon and im actaully going to line under the plastic levels with wire mesh until he has been neutered.

Also I didnt ask my friend to check the sexes. She sent me a photo of a a couple of babies Im taking. She said there "Bottoms "all look the same lol. They will be 4 weeks soon. She is giving them some babyfoods and veggies and fruit to help with some extras as Momma had a very large litter. I have some horribly Blurry baby photos. I love the little Blaze and the Dumbo blue baby. Right now she does have them in a 55 gallon aquarium with a homemade topper. Her girls are have a Ferret cage and the babies fit through the bars. She says they love to tip the bowl of baby food and roll in it. Then Mom cleans them off lol. In case theres any question she uses aspen bedding in the baby tank. Because the fleece is dirty in like 10 minutes.
Sorry first pic is turned on its side
htgz0w.jpg

21btaja.jpg

2zpmdk7.jpg

Oh my gosh, they are SOOO cute! I am a sucker for a blue ratty and babies on top of that? Gahh, I want them!! :tumkiss:

Back