New Boys! - Intro vids

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spork

Well, I'm finally getting some buddies for Paya :joy:

I'm adopting to young boys from the Georgia rat rescue, they're about three months old, and already pretty big. I got to meet them yesterday, and pick out my two from the six they had. Most of them were pretty jumpy, but one of them was just the sweetest thing... not once did he try to jump back to the cage like the others did, he just hung out my my shoulders he groomed, he bruxxed, and he even started to nap under my braid :heart: The foster said she's never seen him that relaxed with anyone, not even her :thud: The other boy I picked out was one who sat up and grabbed my thumb to nibble on the nail when I stuck my hand in the cage, instead of running off to hide in the corner :giggle:

I'll be bringing them home sometime this week, maybe even tonight, depending on how schedules line up. I'm going insane waiting :panic:

I've got the cage all ready and waiting (I'll probably add a few more hammocks if I have time to make them, and I've already added some toys in the 10 minutes since the pic was taken):
100_0193.jpg

Looks great! They're going to be lucky boys in there. Can't wait until you get them home! :D *pictures pictures pictures*

H ow exciting! That's adorable how the boys reacted when you met them especially the one who fell asleep on your shoulder. Sounds like you picked the right ones. Congrats and can't wait to see pictures! Your cage looks great by the way.

:joy: I can't wait to see the boys!! I hope Paya loves her new buddies!

Their cage looks freakin' awesome! I'm so jealous of their hammocks! lol

I have to say, I absolutely melted at the story of how both boys picked you; my mom always tells me that you should let animals choose you, not the other way around. :heart: Those shy boys recognized a good mama who's going to spoil them. :D

Well the cage looks great and it's wonderful that you are giving two new boys a home.
BUT, that's kind of a tease not to have any PICTURES of them!!!

Joanne said:
Well the cage looks great and it's wonderful that you are giving two new boys a home.
BUT, that's kind of a tease not to have any PICTURES of them!!!

Ok, fine, you're right... I have one crappy pic I took at the foster's, but I have no idea where my boys are in the pile:
DSCN0759.jpg

The boys are pretty jumpy, and neither one will take treats from me, but I think they'll warm up eventually :)

Peachblossom definitely has the most energy, he's been exploring the cage and running in his wheel nonstop :giggle: Stormageddon seems to be a bit of a lazy-butt, he's spent most of his time relaxing in his hammock.

Picture time!

100_0198.jpg

Peachblossom is the first to the door

100_0203.jpg

Stormageddon eventually followed

100_0206.jpg

Checking out the cage

100_0216.jpg

Silly boys :roll:

DSCN0778.jpg

Peachy shows off his belleh :giggle:

DSCN0779.jpg

Stormy has found his favorite hammock

DSCN0770.jpg

"Hi there."

DSCN0774.jpg

"...You're still here..."

DSCN0775.jpg

"Why haven't you left yet?"

DSCN0776.jpg

"Really now, you are ruining my beauty sleep. I'm going back to bed."

-----

Tomorrow we try pea fishing.

Awww, what adorable boys. I expect to see forty bajillion pictures, including photos of pea fishing. Don't stop the cute. :p

Aww they are SOOOOO handsome!! :D I love love love their hammies too! So cute. They look like they're happy to be with you. :D

Back