New boys - Advise requested

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

The new boys meet their daddy this morning! They are so tiny... Looks like they ate some of their oxbow (with soy formula) along with their veggies (bok choy, carrots, blueberries). They are even pooping in their liter pan! :joy:

Pictures in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36129

Brought the new boys out for some bonding and the fiance stole them from me!!!! I want my babies back :gaah: the have been rat napped - :cop:

Never I didn't rat napped them. She was to busy on her computer. I gave them back after a little while and playing with them.

Now now, let's not have any custody battles here...
I'm so glad they are home with you guys and getting so much love and attention. What a great holiday gift for both you and them.

dspch911 said:
Brought the new boys out for some bonding and the fiance stole them from me!!!! I want my babies back :gaah: the have been rat napped - :cop:
:laugh4:

oh oh somebody is in trouble now!!!! :naughty:

Petunia said:
dspch911 said:
:laugh4:

oh oh somebody is in trouble now!!!! :naughty:

He's lying, he rat napped them .... I only logged on the computer to tell everyone they were rat napped by the daddy that said I couldn't have them, but of course he is the perfect rat daddy and fell instantly in love with their darling faces .... Tucker is the pink one with the black stripe down his back and Wally is the dark colored one - I still confuse them though.., but they are officially named

He did it again last night !!! He finally let me hold him once I threatened to go and get more !! Anyway, what do I need to watch for in these guys that is different from my fur butts? They are so warm/hot to the touch, but I'm assuming that is normal and I still need to keep them covered and snuggled up when out of the cage. They seem to be eating normally and love all the new veggies/fruit they are getting. They are definitely pooping! I know to watch their eyes, but what exactly am I watching them for? Any advice would be appreciated.

They eats more than furred ones!
So just make sure they always have food and water!
But I am sure you've always done a superb job with that!

Other than that, they should be as normal as furred rats.
Just expect a little more poops from their higher metabolism!

P.S - Let him rat nap so you have more excuses to bring more back! :laugh4:

Rilence said:
They eats more than furred ones!
So just make sure they always have food and water!
But I am sure you've always done a superb job with that!

Other than that, they should be as normal as furred rats.
Just expect a little more poops from their higher metabolism!

P.S - Let him rat nap so you have more excuses to bring more back! :laugh4:

I didn't know that, but the are always cleaning out there dish which is juat a tiny dish since they are tiny - I will change that. I meant to ask about their skin - do I just watch for normal dryness patches like people? and if they get dry patches will a dab of olive oil do the job?

I would love more these guys are so cute..., but we still have the sick boys that seem to be doing well for now with their lung/heart tumors. These two still don't like to be held though, they will sleep on you but aren't fond of you holding them - that I am working on.

I personally won't be too bothered unless you see something's irritating their skin.
But then I only have 1 hairless thus far (Riley!) and I won't be able to advise.
Riley's fine except from some scratches from rough plays.
I had some Skinny guinea pigs rescues before and I treated them as per normal without those "special" treatments too, they were fine with.

I just rescued nine naked ratties, so if you want more, I can hook you up! LOL
They have big problems with their eye because they were on pine shavings. Shavings BAD!

Joanne said:
They have big problems with their eye because they were on pine shavings. Shavings BAD!

I know I have been reading your thread, those poor babies. We have our boys on Kaytee Clean & Cozy paper and they seem to be doing just fine so far. They don't like to be held either, but don't mind curling up and sleeping on people. I noticed your nakies are the same. You would have to get them to me by air mail.

Joanne said:

I know I have been reading your thread, those poor babies. We have our boys on Kaytee Clean & Cozy paper and they seem to be doing just fine so far. They don't like to be held either, but don't mind curling up and sleeping on people. I noticed your nakies are the same. You would have to get them to me by air mail.

Honestly, there's not much difference with the nakies. The issues to watch for are eyes and skin but that's really out of your control. If they will have issues, there's nothing you can do other than treat them after the fact.

they're prone to eye infections, so just watch the eyes for any discharge or crustiness. and yes they're prone to dry skin at times. you can rub them down with olive oil occasionally.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

my naked Merle doesn't like to be held either. he likes hanging out on my shoulder, but doesn't like being held. that goes for my other 3 boys as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back