New Behavior : Butt pushing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime654

So yesterday I had the 4 boys out on the bed playing. Tobin, as usual, was being the most rambunctious so I strarted to quickly rub/scratch at his hind legs / back while he was running around. He would turn to swat me away until I stopped, and when I did he would bounce off happily. When he got back in range I repeated the rubbing and this went on for a few minutes. It definately felt like a game.

After a few rounds of this, Odo seems to get too close to Tobin as he bounced off and they both sorta freaked out, got on their hind legs and froze and did the whole stare competition thing. However, Tobin did some thing new after a few seconds, he turned his butt to Odo and started pushing him back with it, almost like a backward bounce. It was really funny .. but definately weird. Eventually Tobin bum-pushed Odo to the Oct-Play where Odo slipped inside and Tobin just blocked the entry with his butt.

Anyone seen something sililar to this? I'm hoping all that rubbing didnt get Tobin all worked up in his ratty man parts or something :roll:

How old are the boys? Rubbing his hind quarters is aggression after they reach about 6 months or so.I rub their heads instead.

Ohhh... I thought he was just getting confused and "presenting" himself. (Legally Blonde 2 was on last nite and I thought if Elle Woods can have a gay chihuahua, maybe I had a gay rat :p)

Ill stop with the rubbing ... but it was something he seemed to enjoy.

It can invoke excitement which can quickly lead to aggression. Instead of his butt, tickle his side, close to the belly or the head.

Back