New baby rat sneezing, please help?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Whisperer

I got three female rats today and the tiniest one is constantly sneezing like twice a minute except for when asleep, Also I noticed they were on some king of wood shavings but not cedar so could this be the cause, what home remedy would cure her or if its not a sickness then what wrong??? :praying:

We sometimes all this new home sneezes. The rats need to adjust to their new environment. Make sure there are no fragrances around or even smoking. Give the little one a few days to see if she settles down.
What kind of bedding are you using now?

I'd wait a bit to see if they are new home sneezes. If after a few days the sneezes begin to sound more wet, or if their breathing sounds funny, I would get them checked out by a vet. I brought my two baby girls home a little less than a week ago and I thought they just had going home sneezes too, but it turns out it was and upper respiratory infection. Right now they're on .1 mL of Baytril twice a day. Hopefully my babies will get better soon, and I hope your babies don't have and infection like mine. I'm sure they're fine though. Where did you get them from? If it was breeder it's probably just going home sneezes, but if you got them from a petstore (depending on the petstore) it may require medicine to take care of the sneezes. Congrats on the ratties! :D

Back