New babies - Time to play the naming game again!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniFrog

So I have had these new babies for a couple weeks (those who have me on facebook know about them already, as well as some people in the chat) but life has just been too busy to really introduce them to you guys lol. I got them from the girl down the road from me who had 2 litters, the little boy was the main reason I went, and ended up falling in love with the 2 little girls as well. I have been watching them, and playing with them, and trying out different names, but I just cannot seem to find some I really like (again I am trying hard to stay away from people names but it is not working, and another theme would be nice but does not have to happen.....) and am open to suggestions. Without further ado here are my little babies:

The boy - he is a little bit timid, more so than the others, I think because right now he is in a cage by himself. I plan to intro him to either Boris, Teddy, or Kimmy once I get the girls into the DCN until he gets fixed, and he loves his sputnik and wheel, he is the first rat I have had that has used the wheel that I have seen:

Some names I have been bouncing around are:
-Gunther (sorta because the girl's dog Gunner was tragically killed right before I got him, and it is in a way after the dog)
-Cupid (the first name I thought of as soon as I saw him, and her temp name for him, because of his markings)
-Valentine (again because of his markings, I wanted something to do with a heart)
-Valentino (suggested by a friend)
-Deigo (from the kid's show)

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

The girls - The blue girl is a bit more timid than the dumbo girl, but they are still friendly. The dumbo girl is always watching me, and coming to the door, where the blue girl I have to go find in the cage. They love their hammock that I got from Kate, even though it is giant for them lol:

Some names I have been bouncing around for them are:
-Izzy (blue)
-Lexie (dumbo)
-Bella (dumbo)
-Rosie (blue)
-Harmony (dumbo)
-Symphony (blue)
-Dora (dumbo) and Boots (blue) to go with Diego

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

They are adorable...I kind of like Dora, Diego and Boots...I like the theme.....I also like Cupid or Valentino for him...and find something matching for the girls...maybe Venus, and Ziva (Slavic mythology that means goddess of love)

Out of those names...
Timid boy- Gunther
Blue girl- Rosie
Dumbo girl- I'd go with something strong and empowering, like Hera, Artemis (can't come up with anything that isn't Greece related, just took History exam today and there was soooo much about Greece on it :roll: ), maybe Diana, or Illa-Lupus (it means she-wolf in Latin, very fierce), Hunter, Braxton (bit of a boy's name, but I think it'd sound good on a girl too), Birgit (not Brigit, Birgit), Saphira (pronouced SA-FEAR-A), Kourtland, Brystol... I dunno, those are just a few names. :)

So I have been bouncing names around and I think I decided:

Meet Simone (I was going back and forth between Simone and Starr for the longest time, but last night I held her and asked her, when I said Simone each time she moved her tongue, and just looked at me blankly with Starr lol) the dumbo, and Celeste (suggested on FB) the blue girl, my lovely neck warmers LOL

543842_10152537735450341_53062371_n.jpg

23353_10152537738250341_687073699_n.jpg

And I am keeping the name Cupid, ever since I saw this little boy I said I would name him Cupid, but once I got him I was not sure. First instinct eh?

734305_10152538068920341_1792692056_n.jpg

734644_10152538069760341_671788942_n.jpg

thank you everyone, i am off all week so i am going to start intros, Cupid is not fixed yet so I am going to intro him to Boris, Teddy or Kimmy, and move him into the larger cage, so that he has a friend (who I will put back and forth so I don't have to intro them back to the other group) until he gets into the CN as well. Wish me luck haha

They are so sweet....and if I was not trying very hard to keep my numbers down to the 6 I have I would so grab a couple of your baby's sibling...simple adorable.

I know...I saw the post...so tempted by the agouti and agouti hooded boys. But It would not be fair to anyone for me to get more at this time....

Back