Neuters are done....pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

Tomorrow Jaydan, Jacob and Dozer go in for their neuter......I'm very worried already.
These are three of the sweetest, cuddliest playful boys I have ever seen....course they are really the only boys I have ever known....except one very cage aggressive male years ago.......
If all boys are like these three I can understand why some people prefer males.......
I tell everyone they are my puppy rats.....they love to hand wrestle but then will climb out and cuddle in and stay there for hours....They also love draping their goolies over my face.....hehehe we will miss that......
they are much slower and calmer then the girls.....they seem to take everything in stride. They aren’t bothered by noises, or strange places.......I sometimes take them to work with me and everyone loves them.....The girls at the shelter are doing great but they are still very skittish.
Everyone loves how they can hold the boys and give them treats and nothing bugs them....they don't hide or seem at all upset by the smells or anything.....
Anyway I'm just rambling on......I guess you can tell I love them, they are very special to me and I'm very worried.......
Wish us luck.....I will be thinking of you guys all day

Please give them extra scritches and :tumkiss: from me.

I can relate to how you feel. No matter how good the vet is, I am a wreck waiting for a ratty having surgery. It's maybe a little easier than my first time, but not by much.

So I hope you have lots to keep you occupied tomorrow morning! We;ll be thinking of you.

Well they are there....I'm at a friends house waiting for them. Everyone was very nice....and the boys didn't seem frightened. My hands where shaking so bad the girl behind the counter gave me a hug.... :panic:
I bought them a new bed to snuggle in when I pick them up.....
Hubby is warming up to the idea of spaying the girls...so I will make some appointments today........
Thanks everyone for the well wishes....your support really helps.......
Love ya all, :hugs:

Don't forget to let us know how it went! It really is hard to leave them behind. And even after several times, I still get all nervous and feeling sick.

I will let you everyone know....I'm soon going to call and see how they did...I gave my cell number and I haven't heard anything so I assume everything went good....

I hope they weren't scared........

:hugs: It's gonna be alright!! I've been worrying along with you! I can't wait to hear that everyone did great and is at home running around! :hugs:

We are home...the boys seem fine. The vet said everything went great. I haven't looked at their incisions yet. I haven't wanted to hurt them. They drank some water on the way home....I put my hand in the carrier and they curled up around it. They look pretty sleepy.
I'm just going to let them rest in their carrier for the evening and put them back in their cage tomorrow........

Should I offer them pabulum tonight and maybe a bit of baby formula?

I have an appointment for two girls on May 7th...Oh god here we go again.........
Hubby said, as I was making the appointment, I thought we where going to discuss this...hehehe I said we could discuss it on the way home....He just smiled at me........

So three done......7 girls to go......

Wow great news, glad the sweeties are fine. I would give them baby cereal and their regular food right away and lots of water.

Thank you mamarat and moon. I gave them lab blocks and water as soon as I picked them up....I had it in the carrier that I left with them.....just gave them some pabulum and some baby food...They are all eating and drinking and moving around. Incisions look good. No one has sucked in sides....so I guess they are feeling pretty good. Poor babies. I'm so glad they are home and are okay. I will sleep well tonight.

Came too late to wish them well on the surgery but I can wish them well on the recovery! I'm so glad for you and them that things went so good!

So where are the pictures for us to hope good hopes over? :D

Back