• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

need strawberry/cherry baytril suspension bulk

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maladie

it's for when one of my ratties starts to get a cough or any infection. I always ask for a BIG BOTTLE when i go to the vet's, and they'll gimme enough to dose a couple rats, but it runs out quicker than I'd like. I'm almost out, and I've got Spot on the bed with me now, she sounds a little congested. :wantsome:
edit, i guess it'd help if i told you I was in Barrie, Ontario.

it's for when one of my ratties starts to get a cough or any infection. I always ask for a BIG BOTTLE when i go to the vet's, and they'll gimme enough to dose a couple rats, but it runs out quicker than I'd like. I'm almost out, and I've got Spot on the bed with me now, she sounds a little congested. :wantsome:
edit, i guess it'd help if i told you I was in Barrie, Ontario.

This is something we cannot get, unless its from the vet usually. The suspension made from pills also expires in a month, so if you are using baytril that you have stored in your fridge past the expiry date (should be on the bottle) its not as effective and will continue to decrease.

Get the pills and mix it yourself. You can get it under the name enrofloxicin at fish supply stores and it is over the counter. This way you have it on hand and can just make some up when you need it.

You can buy injectable baytril from your vet and give it orally. Injectable baytril lasts a year or longer (expiry date is on the bottle).
(Baytril should never be given by injection)
You measure out the amount and sweeten it with something like strawberry quic (and thicken with a bit of baby cereal, with possibly a few drops of water and a drop of olive oil) and your rats wille at it as they think it is a treat

Get the pills and mix it yourself. You can get it under the name enrofloxicin at fish supply stores and it is over the counter. This way you have it on hand and can just make some up when you need it.

The enrofloxicin in fish stores is not very good quality.

You only option is to establish a relationship with your vet and once they are comfortable with you and your ability to diagnose then they might be comfortable providing you with baytril to keep on hand. The vet will want to make sure you aren't over using abs which will cause harm in the long run.

Back