Need Prayers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDK

My 16yr old baby sister, has been in labor since yesterday...

She was doing a home birth which I full support due to all the benefits my 2nd elder sister had, however there seems to be a problem... She's been in labor with no progress in contractions for almost 48hours and the baby is under stress... so as of 6:30am for us she's been taken to the hospital with my mom and step dad. Me and my husband and Nana are at home waiting for the verdict.

Last update I got as of half an hour ago was that she's dilated 7cms, she was dehydrated and is now on an IV, and JUST NOW got an epidurmal... Supposedly the IV helped in increasing contractions...so we could be having this baby boy any minute now. I'm basically holding down the fort with my husband...but I'm a nervous wreck. It's my baby sister and I have had that gut wrentching, tighten stomach feeling that something isn't right and that I should be there...but I can't. Wishing for prayers on the safe birth for my baby sister and my nephew! Would very much appreciate it :sad3:

She's safe in the hospital, and surrounded by medical professionals now, so everything will be fine :) I understand the feeling though, my sister in law, who I'm very close to, was in labor with my niece for 48 hours. She ended up needing a C-section, but everything worked out perfectly fine! Just like it will for your family :)

Sending lots of hope, love, and prayers your way. And lots of congratulations on the beautiful new little life being brought into the world.

I know you well enough now that you get the gut wrenching feeling for everything - so breathe and relax. They probably put pitocin in the IV to increase the contrations. You have to remember she is only 16 and not really meant to be having a baby yet. I'm sure, and I hope everything will be just fine !!! Praying for all of you guys!

Keeping your little sister in my thoughts and prayers...She is in the hospital now, so if anything does go wrong, she'll be in good hands and the doctors will be able to act quickly.

Guys thank you so much for your support and for those of you reminding me to STAY CALM and BREATHE lol.

Good news is, the baby is finally out! He came out arund 1:45pm, an exhausting labor for him and for my sister. He was barring down on her for so long that in fact his head is a bit pointed, but that should clear up at some point. Not sure how much he ways but they are keeping him and my sister till Thursday to make sure they check out. His heart rate dropped from the stress of her labor not progressing enough. So ya they gave her an IV and Epidermal, and sure enough not more then 2hrs after doing both, he finally came out.

His name is Frankie High! I can't wait to meet the little darling. Finally I can relax now at least, was quite an emotional exhausting worrysome day. Ya I know I know...I always worry too much.

CONGRATS!
Your sister is an angel for, I'm sure, being so strong and fearless through all of this- deciding to do a home labor and everything(something I plan to do with my children). As a 16 year old myself, I couldn't imagine going through that. Congratulations to her and your home family, I'm glad everything is okay now!

Must...show...Pics...SOON!!! Coming SOON!!! I just don't want to flash the little guy you know? lol

Awesome!!! The little guy is an Aquarius...born on the same day I was born on!!!!

I'm so happy everything turned out well. Labor can be a really nerve-wracking event for everyone...not just the poor mom suffering through it.

Thank goodness she didn't insist on staying home to give birth. That could have turned out badly for both mother and baby.

Frankie may not be fully aware of it yet....but he was born into a family that ROCKS! :bunnydance:

Back