Need help from the intro gods lol

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

Ok.

I really really REALLY want to have the boys together. Sprocket seems to have calmed down a lot. It has been 1 months and 9 days since his neuter.

When we had tried intros before his neuter and once after his neuter (it had been close to 4 weeks I think) he went after the nakid boys each time.

My question is. Where he seems to be the problem child so I intro him on on one first with Leroy who is haired? Leroy is the boss in the other cage.

One part of the CN has leroy, Cedric and Garrek and then Doc and Sprocket are together.

I realize introing boys can really suck and take a while. I just want everyone together so it's easier for play time and easier to take care of one colony instead of two.

Recommendations?

I do my intros in a spot that they are not use to for a bit longer if the boy is a brat. I usually sit with them on the chair and ottoman for a few days during intros it seems to help with attitude problems. Some boys take a bit longer after neuters to be ready. My boy Trey took forever but he is not perfect with other males. I have been switching cages out constantly with the boys who are problem rats so you could try that for a bit it could help them adjust to their smell.

We've been doin that. Taking fleece from one cage and switching it with the other. Intro's were always on neutral territory with me there and it didn't matter Sprocket just goes for them.

I was wondering if it is easier to do intros' one on one instead of the two groups.

it wont do any good to do them one on one if you plan is to make them live together. They have to work it out as a group. You could try time outs for the bully or you could try taking the two that have issues out together to see if they can play nicely on your lap. if he is still going after them after a neuter, he might not be ready yet.

I'm thinking of doing an intro sometime in June lol I want to take it slow. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row I guess.

Thanks!

I would use a small table top and add all four to it, do it only for a very short time, making sure it ends good. Start with that. And we can go from there.

I'll try that. I'll have to wait for a bit now as Doc sprained his foot I think. He's not putting any weight on it at all. Poor guy.

We tried an intro yesterday on a table. All was going well for about 15 minutes then Garek decided to pick a fight with Doc. Garek has been picking fights with Cedric and Leroy. Leroy was alpha but now where he's not feeling well I think Garek is trying to take over.
Doc has been extra bossy with Sprocket. I'm thinking we might have two more neuters to do before they can be together.

It has been a while since they really pawed and huffed at each other as they live in a double cn. Since the intro they huffing and pawing to get to each other has increased a lot.

Feels like it will be forever to get them all together...maybe I just have to face the fact that we'll probaby have two colonies for a while.

Back