need help - agressive rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamwarrior

I got Fabio a little while ago from kijiji, he was a yr old, i am thinking a little older.

sammy and loki are about the same age at 6 - 8mounths

at frist i thought Loki was a little aggressive but it turns out that Sammy and Loki play fight. no squeaking just wrestling.

today i herd horrible squeaking form the cage and fabio was just going at Loki. I split them up and loki went hiding.

i took them out of the cage, and Fabio has always went to do his own thing while sammy and loki cuddled with me. then i saw that loki had been bleeding and a giant bite mark above his leg. and sammy had a bite mark oh his tail.

Fabio came off my desk and came here the other boys, and both of them ran away from.

Fabio is a major sweet heart to me, and he loves being in the cage more then out of the cage.

so i am not to sure what i should do. separate him for the other rats? he did live alone for a year before he came here. in the cage he sleeps alone, and he puffs up alot too.

Any suggestions?

thats not an option at the moment till i get my frist pay check from the new job. maybe there is other alternatives. untill we get to that point

How long have they been living together? Is this the first time you have witnessed a fight?
An aggressive rat bite is usually on the neck/back or the stomach/testicles. Anywhere else indicates to me that the submissive rat didn't play his part. He zigged when he should have zagged.
I wouldn't separate just yet and I would label him just yet.

yeah that's why im not gonna rush in and nauter him i want to avoid surgery if possible.

they have been living all together for a month and a bit.

I always watch their behavior really closely, i had one aggressive male rat once that i took from a friend cause he bit her, and she want to kill him. and i took him in and he bit me vary hard, I took him to the vet got his manhood removed and he lived happily with my 8 girls. at the time.

I think also cause he had been living alone for a year that he didn't learn proper rat etiquette.

I am just concerned about every ones happiness. because i love them all dearly

A month is not that long... I bet the other guys are trying to become alpha and he needs to set them straight. Continue to watch them for any further issues.

Back