Need anyone's opinions or advice please.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry

My 5 month old girl Roxy has been making kind of a rattling,squeekish noise(almost sounds like a pigeon if that makes sense). It started yesterday and she is pretty much doing it constantly :(. She is distancing herself from my other 2 rats and spending lots of time just sitting the litter box. She doesn't seem lethargic and is eating and drinking and crawling all over me and coming out of her cage like normal though.

So what should I be worried about here?? I've been very fortunate to have very healthy rats all my life and have not encountered this sound or behaviour. ALSO I'm going to atlantic city for the weekend and will have to leave her in my boyfriends care and need to know what to tell him!

She's doing what I call monkey noises. She should be seen by a vet... get her going on meds and hopefully that will clear her up. I'd get her on Baytril prescribed by a vet.

What jorats said.

She needs to see a vet now and get on meds as rats get sick and die fast.
If she isn't improving within 3 or 4 days on the baytril you may need to add another antibiotic such as doxy or azithromycin to the baytril.
Your rat health care book contains info. on dosages etc.

Back