Need Advice about brands

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an awesome idea, thank you Jo :D

Can someone tell me something please?
How many blocks will two rats eat a day? Or, how many days will it take to eat a block? Cause maybe they're fine and i'm over reacting cause i never used blocks and i thought they'd eat at least more than one a day.

High fat items like seeds will fill up small tummies more than you'd think. And if they are getting daily veggies that also takes up tummy space.

How big are the blocks? Since I'm not familiar with the brand.

And, weather and age can make a difference. Rats tend to eat less as they get older and will often eat less when the weather gets warmer.

are you counting how many blocks are going into the bowl every time you fill it?

have you soaked a few in water again if thats how they like them for the minute?

My rats are almost five months old, and the weather is really hot in here now, so yeah, it may be a reason for them to eat less!... The blocks are huge, about half the size of my thumb. They probably take more time to eat then...
I counted them, some were chewed but they're all still there.
I haven't soaked them in water again but i will try ^_^

Thank you all!...

Rizzo went through a spell where he wouldn't eat his blocks.(This was before we got the other 4 boys) I tried several different things. I started crunching up the blocks and mixing them with other food. Each day I would leave bigger chunks of blocks with less other stuff. He eats his blocks now! :happydance:

For now i'm just waiting until they got used to them before mixing other stuff, or they'd leave them to the end :/

Hi ^_^
Just to say, this is day eight and they're finally eating!... :D
I'm going to stick with these blocks, their daily veggies and 4 to 6 seeds as treats ;)

4 - 6 seeds a day is actually quite a bit, depending on what kind of seeds they are. 1 or 2 should suffice.

I am glad they are eating consistently now, great news!

Back