• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nebulizer

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Too many vet bills so selling off things for financial and space considerations as moved into a room last year

Invacare Stratos Pro aerosol compressor with sidestream nebulizer (sold as health care equiptment for people).
From smoke free home. Only used a few times with rats.
Used attachments have been thrown out. Includes new, unopened attachments.
Paid $147, asking $75 plus mailing cost

air3.jpg

air2.jpg

air1.jpg

It turns liquid meds into gas so they can be inhaled.

I beiieve Jorats had sucess nebulizing meds as a way of preventing lung damanage in her rats.
Many use nebulizers to get meds into the lungs of ill rats.

I stopped using it as I heard that it shouldn't be used with rats with heart disease.
I have found that heart disease is very prevalent in rescue rats here in the maritimes.
I found that the nebulizer stressed my rats a lot and this worsened undiagnosed heart problems in my rats.
I am not too sure how good it is to use a nebulizer
But several rat owners I respect on this forum use them with their rats and find a nebulizer to be helpful.

Invacare Stratos Pro aerosol compressor with sidestream nebulizer (sold as health care equiptment for people).
From smoke free home. Only used a few times with rats.
Used attachments have been thrown out. Includes new, unopened attachments.
Paid $147, asking $75 plus mailing cost

air3.jpg

air2.jpg

air1.jpg

So this comes with everything you need to use it? Except for meds/saline of course. How often does the attachments need replaced? How do you clean it? I might be interested.

RattusNorvegicus said:
So this comes with everything you need to use it? Except for meds/saline of course. How often does the attachments need replaced? How do you clean it? I might be interested.

As far as I know it has everything you would need.
I am not sure how often you would replace the plastic tube etc but it wasn't very expensive.
You will need to ask someone who uses a nebulizer re cleaning as it has been quite awhile since I used it.
I only used it a few times because I found out that it can worse rats with heart conditions .... even those that you aren't aware have heart conditions.

Heart problems in rats seem to be very common around here so I don't dare use it.
I also haven't seemed to need it with my rats once I started treating for heart problems.

Back