Mystery Food

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Spaz1987

Mystery Food.jpg
A friend of mine gave me this rat food. It came in a ziploc bag so I am unsure what brand it is. It is a seed mix and I was figuring I could give it to my rats as a treat every now and then. However, I'd like to know the brand and if the food would be safe. It contains dry corn though so that worries me. Here is a picture of all the different pieces. What brand to you guys think it is?

Not the best staple diet but nothing wrong with adding a bit to your kid's dry food each day, you could just toss the corn..

as Fidget said, since you have it you could give it as a treat if you want and remove the corn to be safe
but there are some ingredients that are not very good so personally I wouldn't buy it, not even for a treat.
Since it isn't organic and the primary ingredient is wheat, it likely contains a lot of GMOs too

personally I would feed the good ingredients as real food .... by that I mean instead of feeding this I would cook a sweet potato and give the ratties some as daily real vegs are important

I checked the ingredients and levels and honestly, it's not that bad. The worst part of if is that it's a seed mix and some rats will pick and choose their favourite part and so not get their full nutrition from that food.

Back