My Scotty "Bear"

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeschodron11

Voice of the Voiceless
He fought like a champ through rounds and rounds of different antibiotics, diuretics, and allergic reactions but finally Scotty threw in the towel on Tuesday. He fell asleep with his brother, Leonard, and never woke up.

At about 1 am, I went out to check on him, knowing I was going to call the vet the next morning about possibly having him PTS as his condition was continuously deteriorating. He woke up, crawled out into my hands and I held him one last time. He went back into his cage and when I woke up the next morning, he had passed. I believe he was saying goodbye to me.

Rest in peace, Scotty. You fought a good fight against that nasty pneumonia and I will always love you. Say hi to Lilly, Iris, Gretta, Henry, Rosie, Violet, Tycho, Wes, Doc, Percy, Joey, Penny, and Sir Lancelot on the other side - until we meet again.

Always in my heart.

Last edited:
I am so very sorry for your loss
I know how much you and his brother will miss your Scotty "Bear"
Thank you for sharing Scotty's last goodbye with us

I'm sorry your little guy couldn't win his fight. It's wonderful that he said goodbye before he left, and that he got to leave snuggled up to his brother at home. Rest easy Scottie, safe journey to the Bridge.

Back