My Rose is worse.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Rose is not well. Her tumor that was removed not even a month ago is back and twice as bad. Her breathing is rapid, not laboured just rapid and last night and this morning I saw that she was clearly in pain (her sides were sunk in). Her pee is a dark thick looking yellow so I am afraid the tumor is in her bladder.

She is still happy to come out for play time and still eats and drinks. But I cannot stand to see her look so pitiful, i can just see it in her eyes she looks ready to go. Rose never really liked being held or touched so I just rub her ears while she is in the cage and last night she just laid there with her eyes closed breathing. I am taking her tonight to the new vet to see what they think pain meds or help her cross over.

My Rose and her classic "I am coming to nip you look."
DSC02949.jpg

So I spoke too soon about my Rose. I guess I was just trying to prepare for the worst. The vet believes she has a bladder infection and that is what is causing the pain. So I have Metacam .1 ml once every 24 hours and .2 baytril once every 12 hours.

So fingers crossed this does not become a memorial post any time soon.

Jo, yes that would be great if you would move it for me. I feel bad for excepting the worst and that my Rose was already gone. When the vet seemed optimistic she would have more time with me.

Not well. She is not eating, not moving and she looks just like Clover did just before she passed on. She is puffed up, eyes close dand she acts as if she cannot pick up her head so she drags it wher ever she needs to go. So if she is not gone before tomorrow I will take her in to help her pass on. I should have went with my first instinct on Friday as I knew she was not well and I feel awful about making her go this long.

Thanks for asking OceanEyes.

You can't always tell, sometimes it really could go either way. You couldn't do things any more right for her than you have. I'm so sorry she's not getting better tho. But you both tried for each other..

If you didn't give her this chance, you might of lived with this huge what if on your shoulders, at least now you know.
Huge hugs!!! :hugs:

Thank you everyone. Rose is still here she looks awful and is in obvious pain.(i force metacam but it is not helping her) She some how managed to bring herself out for playtime and is just sitting in their tent. I am taking her in to the vet tomorrow morning, unfortunetly I have to go to work first thing tomorrow morning see my boss of the trial and then taking Rose to the vet. There is just nothing more to do for her. I felt her stomach and I can feel a hard mass so the tumor is large and internal now.

Back