My rattie crime

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyllis

My son knows a guy who has snakes & raises little ratties out in a shed to feed the snakes, I became very upset went to his house, he was not home it was about 101 out side so I trespassed & went in the rat shed, the AC had frozen up on rattie had already passed from the heat & strong urine soaked ammonia filled huge aquamarines , so I scrounged & found some old aquamarines, Picked tons of dry tickle grass for litter & filled their waters & feed them then transferred the to the clean cages, in one cage was 15 tiny pinkies, I took them home with me, I felt so bad for leaving the Mom but she was so very wild & mite infested. I raised all fifteen babies on vanilla ensure, I was a busy Mommy for awhile. I kept every one of them, they are amazing think I am one of them, so tame follow me everywhere, such a joy they have been, with all the ratties I already had I know have a rattie ranch! I have found out good news, the snake guy sold his snakes & moved to Colo Sprgs, where he gave the ratties he had to a no kill rescue, My prayers were answered, also I believe an Angel guided me to them that hot day , for they would have all perished, I opened the windows & put on a fan in that shack, I came to the guy & told him what I had done, I could have gone to jail, but he said he wandered what Angel had saved his ratties, I did not tell him about my rat rustling though, here are some photos:grouphug:

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

Last edited:
aww they are so sweet. I am glad that they did not lose the battle to the heat. It is sad that they were being raised that way.

Last edited:
Cute bubbers! I'm glad you could intervene and save the ratties that you did. Perhaps that act of kindness was what made the guy change his mind about his remaining rats.

They are absolutely adorable. :kisses:
Your story is touching. Being as it was a risky thing to do - the fact that someone cared so much about these little babies and was willing to put a TON of time and effort into them as you did makes me happy. =)

Back