My rats in their play pen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I have a double CN and have my 4 rats on one level.....and my foster girls on the lower level. I could easily have them all together in one cage as they all get along great...but I don't want my older girl Phoebe to have to deal with to many ladders.
They all go in the playpen every night together....and seem to really enjoy it.
Here they are...

Teeanna climbing out, Phoebe eating out of the dish, and Griffin is the blue,
DSCF0503.jpg

Here is Gus, black hoodie and Rafe, Black berk
DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

Claire
DSCF0515.jpg

They are all spayed and neutered....and are the sweetest kids.

Godmother said:
Such a sweet crew! Glad to see Phoebe out enjoying herself :heart:

She enjoys life very much...It really amazes me how sweet all the other rats are to
her. Even the baby girls...the first meeting was totally uneventful.....they all seem to love her..as do I.

Great playpen, but I think I'd be spending the entire time picking them off the wall and putting them back on the floor!
It's wonderful they all get along so well. When I had a lot of seniors, I bought extra shelves. That way I didn't worry about them falling when their coordination got poor. Maybe your old lady wouldn't have as much trouble as you think?

Joanne said:
Great playpen, but I think I'd be spending the entire time picking them off the wall and putting them back on the floor!
It's wonderful they all get along so well. When I had a lot of seniors, I bought extra shelves. That way I didn't worry about them falling when their coordination got poor. Maybe your old lady wouldn't have as much trouble as you think?

I have an extra shelf (I kept the shelves from my old FN) in the top half on the critter nation....and the ladders covered to make sure she doesn't get caught in the rungs.....but she can not use her back end at all....and I worry it would be to much for her to do another whole section....The younger ones tend to move all the food....and it is hard enough to see her dragging herself up ladders on one level looking for it...I do feed her three times a day...by herself. But she is a determined old girl...and if given more space she would use it.....

jorats said:
That's a fun playpen. Do you have the lid to the playpen? Mine would be over and out in seconds. lol
Such adorable ratties!

Yes...it is a small martins playpen with a flip lid........I have a large one but I bought a small ones as my house is very small and this one fits in the living room so I can watch them play in the evenings...
I just had the lid up to take pics....or when I interact with them..

It's so wonderful they can get along as one big happy group. I fantasize about both of my groups getting along and having a single shared playtime someday. P.S. I love Griffin's color, he's gorgeous.

Back