My rat dad is coming!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aida

Hi everyone!!!!! :lotsohearts:

I don't know if you remember, but my boyfriend of 4 years lives in Germany and I live in Florida while he is studying and I'm finishing high school.

He's going to come for a 3 week visit in about two weeks, and I'm soooooooo excited!!! This will be his first time meeting our babies(the rrrrrrrrrrrats!), and he's really happy about it, he just loves all of them to bits.

I'm going crazy cleaning and painting the house, not to mention that this is all I can think about! :rathugz:

I know, I've been counting the days! Only 13 more!!!!!
Weeeeeee!

We've had so many issues so far, first with him getting his passport on time, then with his university suddenly springing new charges that drained his savings almost completely, and then filling out an ESTA form that will allow him to board a plane heading for the US(thank GOD germans don't need a visa), and then some worries over a green card he once had, and now his travel site "reserved" the money on his card, 50 euros 11 times for some crazy reason, so that he has neither a ticket, nor can he use that money on his card because it is "reserved"(what type of a crazy concept is that?!). The travel site and the bank are supposed to be working on this, so hopefully this will be the last hump to get over... :wrong:

Ugh, what a nightmare! Although it'll just make it all the more special when he finally gets here. :)

Ha, you bet xcat!
Our schedules are flexible in terms of a week or two later, so it's not a terrible tragedy if we have to wait a bit-- we've already waited so long! It is just very frustrating, being this close but still crashing into dumb, unnecessary obstacles. Expedia still hasn't fixed their issue, by the way. We addressed them and the bank on Friday, it is now almost a week(thursday night), and still nothing. We've been calling every single day, and are going to threaten to press charges if they still don't fix it on monday. I mean, after all, they completely drained his whole account due to a system error or something, aren't being exactly hasty to fix it, and when it comes to TRAVEL-- well, obviously, everyone is on a schedule. A TRAVEL company shouldn't take weeks to settle such affairs, especially when they are dealing with, sometimes, thousands of dollars.

Back