My old man left me yesterday.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

I brought him home thinking he was dying but he stayed for 8 months. Caleb was a very sweet old man. My arms feel empty now after cuddling him for the two weeks he was going downhill. :tearful:

caleb99.07.jpg

Oh mom, I'm so very sorry you lost Caleb. I know his passing was hard on dad (morats) too. Caleb was a very happy old man when he settled into your home and your heart. :heart:

So very sorry for your loss ... :cry:
Caleb :heart: looks like a wonderful boy.
So glad he was able to stay around for 8 months and experience being well loved, and well cared for by you.

take good care of yourself

I miss you Caleb you will always be in my heart :tearful: Play hard at the bridge. I'll see you again one day :heart:

mamarat said:
I brought him home thinking he was dying but he stayed for 8 months. Caleb was a very sweet old man. My arms feel empty now after cuddling him for the two weeks he was going downhill. :tearful:

caleb99.07.jpg

When searching, in a lifetime,
for that one perfect soul
the one they know will fill the void
the one who'll make them whole

So slender are the chances
that what is sought prevails
but when, with faith, that goal is reached
hold on with paws and tails

One cannot help but wonder
what fate did have in store
but Caleb found his loving match
who gave him 8 months more.

You gave him what he needed
to earn his rainbow wings
and it will be to mamarat
to whom his small heart sings.

A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others. (The Wizard of Oz)

I'm so sorry, mamarat & morats.
The closer you hold them the emptier your arms feel when they go, but the more your hearts have merged.
I bet Caleb is gonna feel your arms around him for all eternity, no matter how joyfully he is running & jumping.
:kisses: you beautiful precious boy, Caleb.

jennifervb - did you write that? It's so beautiful!! And that little man surely deserves such a special tribute.

Fidget said:
I'm so sorry, mamarat & morats.
The closer you hold them the emptier your arms feel when they go, but the more your hearts have merged.
I bet Caleb is gonna feel your arms around him for all eternity, no matter how joyfully he is running & jumping.
:kisses: you beautiful precious boy, Caleb.

jennifervb - did you write that? It's so beautiful!! And that little man surely deserves such a special tribute.

Thank you Fidget. Yes, I was having a good moment. :) Sometimes they just start forming, in my head, so I let them go and see what I can make of them.

Poetry.com is always bugging me for new poems but I just can't churn them out that way. My brain thinks for itself. I play a very small role in the matter. :)

I wish I could do a poem for all the little souls being loved in this arena. :rose:

I am sorry I missed this yesterdayt, mamarat. I remember when you got Caleb, and we were sure he was going to be just "passing through". But he gave you 8 wonderful months and many happy, albeit right now tearful memories.

Take care of Ortiz for me Caleb. :heart:

((hugs))

Back