My new rescued girls <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

these are my new babies...I rescued them from a woman who didn't want them anymore, although I don't know who wouldn't want these little ones..they had mites so I treated them and they are better now :)

I haven't named them yet as they are at Shelaghs place and i haven't spent much time with them

bothgirls.jpg

apparently the previous owner thought they were fighing becasue of the mite scabs, so she separated them...poor babies were apart for months and were really depressed...now they are back together and couldn't be happier.

this poor girl has a bad eye so can only see out of one eye
Lily-dmanagedeyeNov29.jpg

this girl was very shy so I though she would need socializing but thanks to Shelagh she is doing alot better :)
DaisyisverynervousbadcoatandmitesNo.jpg

They are lovely :heart: I have a soft spot for dumbos :tumkiss: I wish people were smarter when it comes to rats but now these 2 have a chance at a better life :thumbup: more piccies please :ilike:

jorats said:
Sooo sweet, they took to each other right away? That's so sad that they were apart. :(

They are beautiful!! A wonderful Xmas for all. :D

Yep it was like they were never apart. :) No huge reunion but they sleep together and seem happier, especially Pearl, since she's the subbie and needs her friend. :)

I just had a feeling about these 2 and threw the Intro Book out the window...

So adorable! I am so happy to know that they are together again and that they will live out their lives with someone who loves them and who will spoil them rotten!

OMG! That's it! I'm fed up and moving to Toronto. Are they blue as well as dumbo?
I think that lady must have cared - to separate them even if for the wrong reasons.. Sounds like she just didn't have a clue..
Not everyone's meant to be a rat-person... WE are especially special and as much as we want everyone to do the right things for their kids maybe we can't expect them to if they don't know what's right. There are other schools of thought, like rats are just experimental things and rats don't see vets any more than caterpillars do. You wouldn't know til you got right into caterpillars....
Nobody could really 'get it' and still not love & protect those girls all they could.
But there's plenty of endangered animals getting slaughtered out there too.

I sure did some dumb things til I truly saw my ratties as 'real spirits' & even 'real pets' in need of more than a cage & food. I wasn't uncaring, just indoctrinated by what I''d heard about rats :flushed:

The world's so full of 'them' and not enough of 'us' for all the babies, but every one saved to live well and not breed is hope for a better future for all of them..

Congratulations! Your babies are beautiful treasures!

The mom bruxxy took the girls from was very nice, but as you said "just didn't have a clue". They tried, they researched but found the Information Sites rather than a forum with actual rat owners. We discussed rat health, vets and things like that, and she picked up quickly that they weren't fighting and had to be separated as per her vet. She felt really badly for that one and the fact that the mites were soo easily treatable. Plus they were the kid's rats and once there was a small nip when applying ointment to Blue's eye, scared the kids. No more ointment, no more handling. :(

She is a happy person that bruxxy who obviously loves rats will give her girls a wonderful home. :)

Pics from today. :) They were bored in their mostly one-level cage so after shifting Mattie out, I scrubbed out the small SP (with levels), put in a nice big hammie, and put them in. They are already happier. :)

Here you can see the Pearl Merle's thinning coat and mite scabs...
PearlDec1.jpg

She's getting braver :)
Pearl2Dec1.jpg

And the 2 together in their temporary home
PearlandBlueDec1.jpg

Back