My new little girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

Well I have been looking to adopt a new rattie girl for a while now. Yesterday my vet called and told me that today a young rat was being brought in the be PTS. He said if I wanted her he would ask her owners if I could have her........they said yes and so I went and picked her up.
They said they where having her put to sleep because they didn't want her....no other info then that. I didn't find out anything about her...not even her age but she isn't very big........She has white hands and a small white triangle on her belly.
She is a doll..... loves to cuddle.....sat in my shirt, bruxing up a storm....grooming her little face and licking my fingers..... I can't wait to introduce her to my other rat Sydney......
I hope they become great friends.
Oh I almost forgot I decided to name her Piper.
piper.jpg

pipereat.jpg

hi.jpg

Thank you...she is a sweetie. I can't figure out why her previous owners didn't call our local shelter?....why try and get this little girl PTS?
I am going to get some pictures of her next to some different objects.....maybe everyone can give me an idea of her age.

Thank god you have a wonderful vet who didn't PTS just because the owners asked him too. What jerks!!!

She is a beauty and I love the name Piper!!! CongRATS!!!

She is so beautiful. Why are people so callous when it comes to animals and just saying "oh well, lets just put her to sleep and forget about it." Makes me sick.

But at least there are people out there like you and the other rescuers.

she's lovely :heart: stupid former owners :evil: fortunately you are going to be able to enjoy all the love that this sweetie will have to give :ilike:

My vet is really good that way. If animals are brought in to be PTS for no reason he always calls me or our shelter (where I work), after asking the owners if they would rather find a home for them....it saves them the euthanasia fee so most times they say yes.....
Piper seems a bit quiet......hmmmm do you think it is just from all the newness?

I just had to tell everyone that I have fallen in love :D
My new little girl Piper is a doll. She loves to cuddle, bruxing and snuggling....she is doing it right now!!!
Last night while holding her she snuggled in, put her little face up so she could look at me and while I rubbed her cheeks she fell asleep....It was one of those ahhhhhhhh moments......I can't believe anyone could not love this little girl. I am totally smitten with her.

Yay for Piper!

And yay for you, and your vet, for giving this little beauty another chance to know safety, happiness, and love!

Great name, and congratulations on the new baby! :)

Piper is settling in and is now trying out all her hammocks and toys. She is so dainty when I offer her treats she nibbles them while I hold them for her. I have introduced her to Sydney and things are going good. Piper is a doll and would love to be friends. Sydney is not aggressive but rather antisocial. She will leave the hammock when Piper tries to cuddle with her, leaving poor little Piper looking so dejected.
I haven't left them alone yet and probably won't for a long time yet.
rats001.jpg

Back